Windows 10: Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

Discus and support Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On chrome, I once clicked on remember my choice for this "link/filetype" e.g. [img] Now when I go to a windows store site on google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by madmax2, Nov 4, 2017.

1. madmax2 Win User

Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

On chrome, I once clicked on remember my choice for this "link/filetype"
    e.g.

Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome [​IMG]

Now when I go to a windows store site on google chrome
    e.g. The Dark Crystal - Microsoft Store
    It auto launches windows store app..

Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome [​IMG]

When it launches, all my audio from other apps gets diverted to this app

I want to
    • reset this protocol handler on chrome to stop it auto launching the windows store
    • stop the windows store app from stealing the sound card audio

:)

madmax2, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Robert_S. Win User

When trying to set Protocol Handler in Chrome, (for Bitcoin, Gmail, Etc) Windows gives me a dialog box that states "To change your default apps, go to Settings > System > Default Apps"

Vanessa,

I can not determine if this is an issue in Edge or IE because I do not use those browsers, however Chrome is acting as it should and adding the protocols to it's "Handlers" section. It is Windows 10 that is getting in the way, and when I try to save
    the settings I get a Windows toast message preventing it. I went into
    Settings > System > Default Apps > Choose default apps by protocol and was able to switch my 'mailto' handler to Chrome and Windows stepped out of the way and allowed Chrome to save that setting... Now I need to set my Bitcoin protocol.

How do I add a new protocol 'URL:Bitcoin' to that list so I can set it to Chrome?

Robert_S., Nov 4, 2017
  3. Robert_S. Win User
    When trying to set Protocol Handler in Chrome, (for Bitcoin, Gmail, Etc) Windows gives me a dialog box that states "To change your default apps, go to Settings > System > Default Apps"

Original Title: Trouble registering Protocol Handlers (Windows 10)

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and every time I try to set my Protocol Handler in Chrome, (for Bitcoin, Gmail, Etc) Windows gives me a dialog box that states "To change your default apps, go to Settings > System > Default Apps" but there is no way in that area
    of settings that I can change this behavior. I even tried to 'Choose default app by protocol' and no dice! How do I fix this?? Why is Windows 10 being such a pain about this?

Robert_S., Nov 4, 2017
  4. Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

Hi madmax2.

Chrome, can't be sure but I would check Content settings.

Click three dots upper right, click settings, click three bars upper left, click Advanced, click Privacy and Security, click Content Settings. First I would look at Handlers.

On sound, click on speaker is systray, playback devices, click on your playback device, click on properties, click on advance tab, uncheck "Allow applications to to exclusive.... ". Note your changes so you can reset.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome

1. Stop windows store as default protocol handler on chrome - Similar Threads - Stop store default

2. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  3. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  4. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Default app for URN protocol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app for URN protocol: Hello, I faced a problem with opening links with URN suffix. Whenever link is being open it asks to select a default app for urn file type and then is unable to find any in MS Store. I have tried setting it to Chrome different ways, but none worked at the end: - tried...
  6. How can I change the default protocol handler for magnet links to non-app store program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the default protocol handler for magnet links to non-app store program?: [ATTACH] It would seem that I cannot change the default handler for magnet protocol despite already have installed FreeDownloadManager Yes, I did reinstalled....
  7. Regarding protocol handler for executing IE browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding protocol handler for executing IE browser: Hi, We have certain links in our organisation that only work in IE. I see that there is a protocol handler for opening EDGE browser. eg.(microsoft-edge:https:www.google.com). Why isnt similar protocol available for IE browser. I have a custom protocol handler coded for...
  8. How to make Photoscape the default image handler

How to make Photoscape the default image handler: Hi everyone, So, I have just bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 14) running Win10. After Win7 everything is a bit of a shock. The current problem I have encountered (there are many more) is that I don't seem to be able to force Win 10 to make Photoscape the default app for...
  9. Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists

Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists: Hi guys, Does anyone have a Tutorial, link, or tested ideas on: 1. How to manually add a program to Default Programs List in Win 10, if it doesn't show up for a current user? I don't want to create a new user account for that even if its possible that way. 2. How to...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971