Windows 10: Stop Windows System Upgrade

Discus and support Stop Windows System Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old desktop that I use as a back up PC. It is a Dell Dimension running on Windows 10 version 1709. The computer is not compatible to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leahcimj, May 20, 2019.

1. leahcimj Win User

Stop Windows System Upgrade

I have an old desktop that I use as a back up PC. It is a Dell Dimension running on Windows 10 version 1709. The computer is not compatible to upgrade to 1803 or 1809 (it is to old). Windows continually tries to install both over and over and fails.

On advice from forum in the registry I have added "DisableOSUpgrade REG-DWORD 0x00000001(1) and that worked for awhile. When Windows tried to install upgrades again, on advice I changed to a metered network and that worked for awhile.

Now the computer is back to installing the 1803, failing and than trying to install the 1809 failing and than trying again.

Is there any way to stop this and let the computer run on the 1709 and not let it upgrade?

PLEASE !!!

:)

leahcimj, May 20, 2019

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 20, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Stop Windows System Upgrade - Similar Threads - Stop System Upgrade

2. Stop windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows 11 upgrade: My computer offered an upgrade to windows 11. I declined opting for staying on windows 10. Twice now I’ve opened computer to a blue screen saying windows failed to install correctly. It gives several options to rectify this but none seem to work ! Says no date to restore to,...
  3. Stop windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop windows 11 upgrade: How do I stop microsoft for up grading to Window 11?? I don't want it. We are force to do this and it is not right.The only department who is willing to helps is the sales dept. This is a microsoft issue, stop with the Windows 11 upgrades....
  4. Stop windows 11 upgrade

Stop windows 11 upgrade: How do I stop microsoft for up grading to Window 11?? I don't want it. We are force to do this and it is not right.The only department who is willing to helps is the sales dept. This is a microsoft issue, stop with the Windows 11 upgrades....
  5. Stop upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded to Windows 11 and reverted back to Windows 10. Now Windows 10 automatically attempts to download and install Windows 11 again. See below:I can Pause Updates but doing so doesn't allow me to update Windows 10 "patches." I'm being forced to Upgrade to Windows 11...
  6. Stop upgrade to Windows 11

Stop upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded to Windows 11 and reverted back to Windows 10. Now Windows 10 automatically attempts to download and install Windows 11 again. See below:I can Pause Updates but doing so doesn't allow me to update Windows 10 "patches." I'm being forced to Upgrade to Windows 11...
  7. Stop upgrade to Windows 11

8. SYSTEM STOP

SYSTEM STOP: HI MY SYSTEM WORK STOP 2/3 TIME AND GOT MASSAGE THREAD-STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-stop/d067015f-1c90-4cc3-a771-5c20ba89e214
  9. Stop Windows 10 upgrades

Stop Windows 10 upgrades: I am running Windows 10, version 1709 and received a update to 1803 and I installed it - big mistake, it killed apps and other things that I want so I rolled back to 1709; the next thing I see is an update to 1803. How to I put a stop to an accidental install of any further...
  10. Stop Upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Upgrades: Is there a way to stop win 10 from upgrading? Mine seems to be screwed up it upgrades everyday. 106014