Windows 10: STOP WINDOWS UPDATE

Discus and support STOP WINDOWS UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's quite simple. Please tell me how to stop windows update or please provide me a refund for my windows computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nic-123456789, Jun 11, 2021.

1. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE

It's quite simple. Please tell me how to stop windows update or please provide me a refund for my windows computer.

:)

Nic-123456789, Jun 11, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 11, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond STOP WINDOWS UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 11, 2021
  4. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

STOP WINDOWS UPDATE

1. STOP WINDOWS UPDATE - Similar Threads - STOP UPDATE

2. How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?: One thing that really bugs me about Windows Update from Windows 10 and beyond is the inability to select which updates you want to install and not with checkboxes and the ability to hide updates, like on all older versions of Windows. With security and system updates, I am...
  3. Stop forced updates on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop forced updates on Windows: Hi, we are using windows on machines and the forced updates are most of the time not and a good timing to stop machines and are interfering our software. How can I stop windows to send me forced updates not with normal disabling it in windows or how can I schedule it myself...
  4. How to stop PC from going to sleep while installing Windows Updates

How to stop PC from going to sleep while installing Windows Updates: Judging by how Windows does not have a "pause" button for when Windows updates are being installed, I am assuming it is also supposed to prevent the computer from going to sleep due to inactivity. While installing the Windows 20H2 update which is very large however, neither...
  5. How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?: I want to play stepmania but it needs to install the latest version over and over again. I will install it and then open the app and it needs to do it again....
  6. Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087

Windows updates at wrong times, and never stops updating either, a back door for 39087: Whenever i boot the PC it begins running updates ...* THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE THE SCHEDULE IN SETTINGS SAYS TO RUN UPDATES ONLY DURING PREFERRED HOURS* THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE I LOAD A STEAM GAME AS SOON AS MY PC BOOTS: Settings -> XBOX AND WIN10 are default that windows will not...
  7. How to stop auto update of windows 10?

How to stop auto update of windows 10?: Hello there,I want to stop auto update of my windows because this auto update irritate me and stop my company Girish Metal India office work. So if any one know how to stop auto update of windows 10 please share...
  8. my computer stop working after update windows 10

my computer stop working after update windows 10: when i turn on the computer it turn into this.My wallpaper background are black but suddenly it turn into this.a few second later it turn into this.This process is repeated so many times....
  9. my computer stop working when i turn on the computer after update windows 10

my computer stop working when i turn on the computer after update windows 10: when i turn on the computer it turn into this.My wallpaper background are black but suddenly turn into this.a few second later it turn into this.This process is repeated so many times....
  10. update browser for app has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    update browser for app has stopped working: does anyone have any idea what this relates to following the latest Microsoft may windows 10 build ? thanks 180574