Windows 10: Stop Windows updates and performance issues

Discus and support Stop Windows updates and performance issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Well, by the tiltle above you main know what i'm facing right. I'm extremely frustrating, the win10 update before allowed us as admin privileges to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GianluccaSchuler, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Stop Windows updates and performance issues

Well, by the tiltle above you main know what i'm facing right.

I'm extremely frustrating, the win10 update before allowed us as admin privileges to shutdown update orchestrator software and windows update service (to avoid this annoying image bellow), but right know you don't have either the access to or the button setup to click

If possible, please don't ask me:

1. Did you try to restart?

2. Did you try to shutdown any other process?

3. Did you try to terminate the process?

I hope someone have any bypass to PERMA BLOCK any further update (I honestly guess it's not possible, but i do hope someone can figure something to avoid at least this 99% disk usage)

Thanks in advance,

Gianlucca Schuler

-------

Short update:

I let my pc doing all the work while I was stressing out (3 hours interval) and guess what:

Aparently nothing changed.

***Original title: Windows update consuming 30,0MB of my disk performance***

:)

GianluccaSchuler, Oct 28, 2018

2. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 28, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 28, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Stop Windows updates and performance issues

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows updates and performance issues

1. Stop Windows updates and performance issues - Similar Threads - Stop updates performance

2. Windows Performance Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Performance Issue: I'm encountering a perplexing performance issue on my Windows system that has persisted despite my best efforts to resolve it. In the hopes of finding a solution, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance....
  3. Windows Performance Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Performance Issue: I'm encountering a perplexing performance issue on my Windows system that has persisted despite my best efforts to resolve it. In the hopes of finding a solution, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance....
  4. Windows Performance Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows performance issue: Greetings today i found myself having performance issues after looking at task manager i saw that every time i start my pc windows loads over 100 users which is all me and that causes to load to many programs like microsoft edge x11 closing them down by using task manager...
  6. windows performance issue

windows performance issue: Greetings today i found myself having performance issues after looking at task manager i saw that every time i start my pc windows loads over 100 users which is all me and that causes to load to many programs like microsoft edge x11 closing them down by using task manager...
  7. Performance issues due to window 11 updates

Performance issues due to window 11 updates: For the past week or more I notice win11 becoming sluggish with UI and such being slow to open up and work. It was only recently that I was made aware of this being due to a couple of the recent updates put out. I can't roll back to the previous version and my system restore...
  8. Windows performance issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows performance issue: my window is in old version and its performance is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_7/windows-performance-issue/e9ce3256-c7a9-4768-b685-848ff2a24fad
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues: Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I...
  10. Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators Update performance issues: Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without...