Windows 10: Stopcode 0xc0000142

Discus and support Stopcode 0xc0000142 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I have problem with a stopcode 0xc0000142, I can get nowhere. My PC says repair but nothing happens. I have tried many alternativs on the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterJonasson, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Stopcode 0xc0000142

Hi!

I have problem with a stopcode 0xc0000142, I can get nowhere. My PC says repair but nothing happens. I have tried many alternativs on the screen but I can't get to windows 10 start page at all.

What to do? Do I have to buy a new PC ? Please help me!!

My PC is a Lenovo .

Greetings Peter in Sweden.

:)

PeterJonasson, Oct 14, 2018

2. error code 0xc0000142

Hi Sally,

The error code "0xc0000142" that you encountered when opening Microsoft Office applications can be caused by several factors including a recent update or corrupted data files on the system. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office do you have?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    to repair an Office application. The article provides a step-by-step guide for different versions of Windows and Microsoft Office.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 14, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    0xc0000142 Application unable to start correctly

We would like to verify if you have tried the steps that were provided by
    Andre Da Costa
    on how to perform a repair of your Windows 10 using a media creation tool from the link posted above. If yes, then the next suggestion we have for you is to start the applications/games in
    compatibility mode. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on file (giving games application error 0xc0000142).
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter if the games work save the settings if not continue.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for

compatibility troubleshooting.
    • Select the operating system to which the driver is available.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under
      Privilege Level.
    • Click on Apply and then exit.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Stopcode 0xc0000142

Error 0xc0000142

Hi,

Error 0xc0000142 could mean that the software you have downloaded might not be compatible with Windows 10. We suggest that you try running the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Here's how:

• Right-click on the program, and then select Properties.
    • In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility
      tab.
    • Under Compatibility mode, tick the check box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:, and then choose an older version of Windows.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the program or check the developer for any updates for the software.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Stopcode 0xc0000142

1. Stopcode 0xc0000142 - Similar Threads - Stopcode 0xc0000142

2. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  3. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  4. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  6. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  7. My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...: I am updating windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-boot-into-bios-or-windows-showing/9e0d8633-ebcb-4434-8b31-887c38733146
  8. My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...

My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...: I am updating windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-boot-into-bios-or-windows-showing/9e0d8633-ebcb-4434-8b31-887c38733146
  9. BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I really need help with my recent PC. I have had this PC for not even 6-8 months and has always been running very smoothly, custom built by topachat in France, with all drivers and windows always being up to date. Was mainly using it for making games and playing...
  10. Stopcode : 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopcode : 0xc0000142: So this morning i turned my pc on when then i got a blue screen saying the following ; Stop code :0xc0000142 . I tried all ways in advanced option but i keep getting the reboot to the blue screen , next i called someone from microsoft to help me the person told me to get a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopkode: 0xc0000142