Windows 10: STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, Microsoft, we meet again. I recently installed an update to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview and was doing my normal tech-related stuff, using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wip3outDor3gon, Aug 28, 2020.

1. STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

So, Microsoft, we meet again.

I recently installed an update to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview and was doing my normal tech-related stuff, using the Disk Management MMC to partition my hard drive for a dual-boot PC. I then switched to the Settings app "Manage Disks and Volumes" to try it out and allocate the new partition and got the GSOD because of Insider Preview. After 5 mins of collecting error info, my PC shut off, restarted and says that there's no OS.

:)

Wip3outDor3gon, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Tornike Win User

BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hello

I am getting BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on my laptop (BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)
    i tried many ways to fix it but without result.. :
    Sfc /scannow,
    chkdsk,
    reinstall windows (without deleting data),
    update drivers,
    tried few methods to check ssd.. no bed sectors, healths is good,
    Windows memory diagnostic: no problems detected,
    Run dism,
    Perform a Clean Boot,
    run an antivirus scan.....
    No dump files

its happens like 3-4 months, please help me <3

Tornike, Aug 28, 2020
  3. windows/stopcode CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

When I try to shut down my computer I got a blue screen saying an error happened and asking me to visit https://windows.com/stopcode

It says the error is: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

It says it collects information and when it reaches 100% I'm back to my password screen.

I can then shut down my computer normally

Any idea how to fix this?

Nicolas Petry, Aug 28, 2020
  4. STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - STOPCODE CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  3. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  4. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stopcode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED + there aren't any administrator accounts in this PC.

Stopcode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED + there aren't any administrator accounts in this PC.: I have a problem where I installed additional RAM in my Laptop and when I booted up my PC I was faced with stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It restarted and popped up another message saying:Automatic RepairYour PC did not start correctlyI clicked the advanced options and I...
  6. STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

STOPCODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So, Microsoft, we meet again. I recently installed an update to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview and was doing my normal tech-related stuff, using the Disk Management MMC to partition my hard drive for a dual-boot PC. I then switched to the Settings app "Manage Disks and...
  7. Stopcode Critical_Process_Died

Stopcode Critical_Process_Died: Ever since my pc did an update, I cant start up my pc, I've tried every trouble shoot option, and none of them work. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-criticalprocessdied/e9947bde-6d55-40e0-b335-2291cc6efe64
  8. BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello I am getting BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on my laptop (BSOD StopCode: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) i tried many ways to fix it but without result.. : Sfc /scannow, chkdsk, reinstall windows (without deleting data), update drivers, tried few methods to check ssd.. no...
  9. Windows 10 Pro- stopcode: Critical Process Died

Windows 10 Pro- stopcode: Critical Process Died: After Some critical update .. A blue screen popped up after Windows logo, screen and prompting an error saying that your PC ran into problem , need to restart. Critical process died( BSOD loop). Cant use safe mode. cant reset pc. cant use system restore. cant use system...
  10. Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!

Windows 10 PC boots with Stopcode: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, wont boot to homescreen! Please help!: Hello. During an update, our windows 10 PC was mistakenly turned off by the on/off switch mid-update (The monitor was turned off and a family member thought the PC was not in use and it was quite noisy so they decided to turn it off). I turned it back on and it was acting...