Windows 10: Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the...

Discus and support Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The speaker icon on the sys tray says, "No audio output device is installed." On the SETTINGS page, this message, "No devices found" in the dropdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robin Cole III, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the...

The speaker icon on the sys tray says, "No audio output device is installed."

On the SETTINGS page, this message, "No devices found" in the dropdown box for both the microphone and speakers.

When I attempt to load drivers from the Device Manager for Legacy Hardware>Sound, Video, Game Controller > Realtec > the latest driver... the system crashes with the Stopcode error.

What must I do to fix this?

:)

Robin Cole III, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys'

Hi Regal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information:

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the machine?

(Search winver from the Start menu to know the same)
    • Does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which this issue started to occur?

Upon analyzing the crash dump files, seems like the crash is caused by
    rtkvhd64.sys. I suggest you to try the methods listed below and check if it works.

Method 1

I suggest you to uninstall the Realtek HD Audio drivers
    installed on the machine and let Windows to search for the update and install the updated drivers.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers and locate
      Realtek HD Audio drivers.
    • Right click on it and choose Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for my device
      and reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try Method 2

Method 2

If letting windows to install the drivers automatically doesn’t resolve the issue, you may install the latest audio drivers from PC manufacturer’s website and see if it resolves the issue.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if it helps.

If the issue persists, revert to us with the latest crash dump file.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 12, 2020
  3. E for Excel, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the...

Blue screen error - no audio and mic in sound settings

error file listed as SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED RTKVHD64.sys

Taylor-Paige Timmins, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the...

1. Stopcode error: RTKVHD64.sys the entry "Sound, Video, Game Controller" is MISSING from the... - Similar Threads - Stopcode error RTKVHD64

2. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  3. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  4. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?: Sound, video and game controller missing from device manager. No audio output device installed. This came to light after Windows update. Can't go back to a previous version as time expired. Laptop reset but issue remains.Any suggestions please?...
  5. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?: Sound, video and game controller missing from device manager. No audio output device installed. This came to light after Windows update. Can't go back to a previous version as time expired. Laptop reset but issue remains.Any suggestions please?...
  6. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

7. Sound,video and game controller missing

Sound,video and game controller missing: My windows tell me "There is no audio output device installed" on my sound icon.I checked device manager and the sound,video and game controller isn't there. I recently formatted my computer. It didn't fix this issue.This morning I had audio but when i restarted my laptop it...
  8. Sound, video & game controllers

Sound, video & game controllers: Performed Windows 10 reinstall from USB recovery drive. Then performed Windows 10 setup after new reboot. Noticed after new install that all the sound, video & gaming controllers had been deleted from my system. Tried installing RelTek drivers with Device Manager, but the...
  9. RTKVHD64.sys Page Faults

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RTKVHD64.sys Page Faults: Running Windows 10 64 bit version 1809. Following an Intel driver update failure (Intel (R) Corporation-System -2/22/2019 10.23.0.2437) I had no sound device on my PC and the speaker icon in the task bar had a red cross displayed. When I checked the audio in Device Manager...
  10. Sound, video and game controllers missing - Error code 43

Sound, video and game controllers missing - Error code 43: Unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) - Guys I really need your help, I've tried every thing I found on Google but they didn't work. I tried some driver installing software and they said that my Sound, video and game controller is unplugged, I don't know if...