Windows 10: stopcode "inaccessible boot device" after power failure

Discus and support stopcode "inaccessible boot device" after power failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I was working on my computer, there was a power failure. Now my computer only starts up and gives a blue screen with the text to search for a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edwin_66, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Edwin_66 Win User

stopcode "inaccessible boot device" after power failure

When I was working on my computer, there was a power failure. Now my computer only starts up and gives a blue screen with the text to search for a fix with stopcode "inaccessible boot device".

The computer tries to fix this automatically but fails every time.

Computers is a Dell, running with Windows 10

Can you please help.

Edwin

:)

Edwin_66, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Waterstar Win User

StopCode: Inaccessible Boot Device Help

Hi

Hope someone can help

Had a mains failure and when I tried to start up PC got BSOD - StopCode: Inaccessible Boot Device. Then repeated attempts to repair and reboots. A windows update had been done day before, but no other hardware or software changes for months.

I have a system repair disc about 3 months old which used to get to troubleshooting. System will not boot in safe mode so all I can get to is the command prompt. After much Googling I have tried:

• chkdsk/f/r
    • sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
    • bootrec/scanos
    • bootrec/fixboot
    • bootrec/fixmbr
    • bootrec/rebuildbcs
    • Changed BIOS for SATA to AHCI (also did it in Regedit)

Tried System Repair keeping files - get the messages Reset / Preparing Files/ Resetting Things (to 100% complete) - reboot, but then just get the rotating progress circle on black screen. after several hours,, powered off then on. Messages Preparing, Undoing
    changes and rotating progress. After awhile the text disappears and left with progress circle - again for hours

Don't really want to do a clean install but if that is last resort guess I have to.

Any help much appreciated.......

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-DR with Intel Core i3, Two Segate Barracuda 500GB HDD

Waterstar, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Feb 5, 2019
  4. ZZuser Win User

Windows 10 stopcode : " inaccessable boot device"

Problem : Stopcode error "inaccessable boot device"

Hardware : Duo core Intel CPU 2.66 ghz, 3 GB ram , 400GB SataII HD, DVD ROM,

Discription : Tried to upgrade video card on computer from Intel on board VGA video to Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB PCIe 16x DVI video card , after doing this the computer would no longer boot into Windows 10 , attempts at automatic repair failed. CMOS settings
    were changed to set the on board video to off and add on PCIe 16 card to primary video. On every boot a blue screen indicating that I must contact windows support and refer to stopcode as "inaccessable boot device" . The system tried to repair itself with
    Win 10 diagnostics but no success. I tried to revert back to on board VGA video before this problem started to get the system to boot , but no success. Have I lost my OS ? I do not have a backup , how can upgrading a video card on windows 10 cause a non bootable
    system ? It worked perfectly before trying to add the new video card. New Video card works fine but the Win 10 is hosed. My computer is now useless, Win 10 is rubbish. This should not happen when doing simple upgrades like a video card. This is a real serious
    software problem in Win 10 and very disturbing that I cannot access my computer now.

ZZuser, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. stopcode "inaccessible boot device" after power failure - Similar Threads - stopcode inaccessible boot

2. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  3. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  4. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  5. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible boot device after migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot device after migration: Inaccessible boot device after migration, actually the migration process is not complete and this error displayed, please help me how to figure this out without losing my files from hdd...
  8. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  10. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inaccesable boot after power fail