Windows 10: Stopcode Reference by Pointer?

Discus and support Stopcode Reference by Pointer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm a freshman engineering major in college and I got a Dell Precision 5550 for school. After spending over $2500 for the laptop, I expected it to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GustavJD, Sep 20, 2021.

1. GustavJD Win User

Stopcode Reference by Pointer?

I'm a freshman engineering major in college and I got a Dell Precision 5550 for school. After spending over $2500 for the laptop, I expected it to run flawlessly and extremely fast, seeing the specs and the price tag along with it. However, about a few weeks into using it I noticed that my screen would freeze up only the screen, audio would still be playing and about a month into using it, I'm now getting the stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER very frequently. I don't know if these are related but it seems they might be. I've tried to solve the problem using some online solutions but nothing has

:)

GustavJD, Sep 20, 2021

2. Pointers

Points are simply a value (address) that "points" to a value. It has no extra information about what it is pointing to (hence the danger). When using arrays/indexers, the operating system knows this is a collection that is this long and is of this type. Any operation that steps outside of those constraints is caught and handled. On the other hand, if a pointer so much as points to the wrong address, all the values will subsequently be wrong.

Pointers are faster but more risky.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 20, 2021
  3. pointer size

Hi,

Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3:Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Way 2: Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Hope it works

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Stopcode Reference by Pointer?

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Stopcode Reference by Pointer?

1. Stopcode Reference by Pointer? - Similar Threads - Stopcode Reference Pointer

2. Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reference by pointer: I have just had a Bluescreen of shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer. and this hasn't happened for the first time. How can I fix it? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reference by pointer: hi, my laptop started BSOD every 30-40 minutes. i have run windows update and update my driver and still BSOD and i dont know the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-by-pointer/ba9c16ff-b1a8-4676-82a0-be581d02830e
  4. Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reference by Pointer: I have had the blue screen emerge several times with the 'Reference by Pointer' Stop code. I have zipped my minidump files and are sharing them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x5ywofdjdb3nq9/minidump.zip?dl=0Any help is appreciated to understand why this is happening!...
  5. Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reference by Pointer: I have had the blue screen emerge several times with the 'Reference by Pointer' Stop code. I have zipped my minidump files and are sharing them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x5ywofdjdb3nq9/minidump.zip?dl=0Any help is appreciated to understand why this is happening!...
  6. BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Stopcode: Reference By Pointer, no solutions are working: I've been receiving the BSOD error every half hour for over 24 hours now. I've tried every solution including disabling antivirus, disabling most apps, going into device management, etc, etc. Please tell me how to fix this, I am a student and having a functioning laptop is a...
  7. Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer

Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer: My Dell Laptop keeps getting blue screen error. I don't know what cause this problem. This is link driver dmp file of error : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5V1rcinT1797OaEUU7OPBBnoRStJ1f2/view?usp=sharing I really need some helping.Thank everybody....
  8. Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer

Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer: Hello Team,My laptop randomly shows blue screen, it happens 6-7 times in a day.Can you please provide me proper solution to fix it.Here I attached file from "C:\Windows\Minidump" path.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArkPj7Etm_vTg2i3IArMIEuFAj1j?e=BkWllw...
  9. I just got a stopcode error: reference to pointer..

I just got a stopcode error: reference to pointer..: But after restart it was resolved automatically. Should I be worried about it ,or is there any future concern? [Asus FX505DY laptopwindows 10 64 bit] Any relevant answer is appreciated ,Thanks!!!...
  10. Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer

Windows 10 Stopcode Reference by Pointer: Hey everybody. I've been getting BSODs ever more frequently as of recently. I performed a memory diagnostic and a disk check but both came back with no errors found. If someone could check my dmp files and try to see where the error occurs, I would appreciate it. I'd rather...