Windows 10: stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Discus and support stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since yesterday I have been getting a lot of BSODs, with stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I haven't installed anything new. It happens sometimes as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamDotson, Jun 1, 2021.

1. stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Since yesterday I have been getting a lot of BSODs, with stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I haven't installed anything new. It happens sometimes as soon as I log in, with no application running. Other times I can run apps and it won't happen for several minutes or longer.

:)

WilliamDotson, Jun 1, 2021

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Jun 1, 2021
  3. stopcode unexpected store exception

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes the computer to get error message "stopcode unexpected store exception", we would like to gather more information:

• What activity were you doing when you received the error message?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 1, 2021
  4. WinSoe20 Win User

stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

How to solve stopcode?

"Windows.com/stopcode" problem started again. I updated, as suggested,and the problem still persisted. Some time later for about a month or so the Stopcode issue seemed to go away. It appeared again.

WinSoe20, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

1. stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER - Similar Threads - stopcode REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

2. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  3. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  4. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  6. Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS

Windows 11 regularly crashes with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS: My windows 11 is regularly crashing with a stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA at NVLDDMKM.SYS. This was happening even a year ago, but it has become more frequent in the past 2-3 months. I have the recent memory dumps....
  7. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from...: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from flash drive what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/referencebypointer-i-got-that-stopcode-when-i-try/81c3f2c4-1b84-45bf-afa1-f50d555722a2
  8. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from...

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from...: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER i got that stopcode when i try to reset the laptop and not boot from flash drive what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/referencebypointer-i-got-that-stopcode-when-i-try/81c3f2c4-1b84-45bf-afa1-f50d555722a2
  9. Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopcode error - reference_by_pointer: Hi, I am constantly having the blue screen pop up with "reference_by_pointer" shown as the error. I've taken a dump of files today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYXtKl1ldyTrF5aRN1xpeOXyYn7?e=jdcS8J Can anyone please advise the issue and solution based on info in these files? Thanks!...
  10. Getting BSOD with a "stopcode: Reference_By_Pointer" when playing a specific Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD with a "stopcode: Reference_By_Pointer" when playing a specific Game: For some reason, i keep getting BSOD with the stopcode of "Reference_By_Pointer" when playing Phantasy Star Online 2 it doesn't happen with anything else, i can play other games, watch movies, play music, browse the internet just fine, but whenever i try to play the game, few...