Windows 10: Stopped run timebroker

Discus and support Stopped run timebroker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In case of stop timebroker stop writing in the search menu Taskbar and stop write search in Internet Edge What is the solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahmed Nasser Elsagher, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Stopped run timebroker

In case of stop timebroker stop writing in the search menu Taskbar and stop write search in Internet Edge What is the solution

:)

Ahmed Nasser Elsagher, Nov 20, 2019

2. Disable TimeBroker, Cortana and Edge in Windows 10

Thank you for your reply -

Step 1: Disabled is not an option - only hidden. I have never responded positively to Cortana but she remains listed among the Background processes in Task Manager.

Step 2: Under settings-Default Apps, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is my default Web browser, but while I can invoke IE11 cleanly from the taskbar where IE11 is pinned, whenever any other applications like Windows Explorer or Office Outlook invokes a browser
    a choice list of all browsers always comes up instead of invoking IE11 cleanly.

Step 3: I have managed to stop runaway TimeBroker by disabling all apps in Privacy. It is caused by Cortana or Edge wanting to index 2 terabytes of files each session. I use X1, paid software, for this. X1 is very tame and does not run constantly the way
    TimeBroker does.

Atlanta Southsider, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Disable TimeBroker, Cortana and Edge in Windows 10

Hi Atlanta,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Disable Cortana.

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • You'll now see three new options for what to do. To make it go away altogether hit "Disabled."
    • If you still want to keep it but want more space on the task bar, select "Show search icon" and the box will be replaced by a little magnifying glass icon.
    • To make it all come back again follow the same steps but hit the option to enable the search box.

Step 2: Make Internet Explorer as Default Browser

I suggest you to make Internet Explorer as default Browser as you don’t wish to use Microsoft edge.

Please refer to the below link and follow the steps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Step 3:
    Windows Performance Recorder.

I suggest you to refer to Windows Performance Recorder in order to resolve issue with TimeBroker.

Please refer to the article “’ created by Mr. Zig Zag, Community Moderator and follow the steps and check if it helps.

Windows performance recorder

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 20, 2019
  4. anonjwm Win User

Stopped run timebroker

TimeBroker Service Unable to Logon

Ok I just did the scan, it said it found corrupt files and fixed them.

Maybe that was what was causing this, if so maybe it will stop. I'll post an update.

Stopped run timebroker [​IMG]

anonjwm, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Stopped run timebroker

1. Stopped run timebroker - Similar Threads - Stopped run timebroker

2. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  3. Stop running this script?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop running this script?: i recieved a popup saying: Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it countinues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. Yes No i had no browsers...
  4. windows running and running and running, will not stop as if downloading major file, on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows running and running and running, will not stop as if downloading major file, on...: I think there are at least two teams working on windows programs, the good one who created windows 2000, and windows 7, then there is those who created crap like windows 98, windows 8 and now ruining windows 10. I think this team is working for Apple by ruining the windows...
  5. Stop running this script?

Stop running this script?: I keep getting a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark with the above heading. it also says "a script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive." As many as a dozen of these come up...
  6. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  7. Stop run-amok-update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop run-amok-update: How do I interrupt a TEN-HOUR-LONG-AND-STILL-GOING-STRONG backup?! without losing backup data? MS apparently failed to anticipate is, that people don't turn on History, because laptops only come with ONE DRIVE, write, copy, and migrate a bunch of data to the new machine....
  8. WMP has stopped running

WMP has stopped running: Windows Media Player stopped running on my Windows 10 Version 1803 desktop PC after about 6 pm PDT this evening. If I click on an mp3 in the Music folder, it will run in the other mode but will stop if I try to switch to "Library" mode. The error message is: [ATTACH] and...
  9. Stop a running MS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop a running MS update: Any way to stop a running MS update that is not completing after 2 days this update particularly KB 2267602 21935
  10. TimeBroker Service Unable to Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    TimeBroker Service Unable to Logon: Hello everyone, I have an issue that causes my computer to randomly freeze after a restart once logged in. The mouse is still usable but I'm not able to click on the start menu or open most apps. Also the task-bar just goes blank. The only way to counter this is do restart...