Windows 10: Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up

Discus and support Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently had my HP home desktop computer upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via a clean install. Cortana was intentionally not activated during the install.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jaybros06, Dec 28, 2019.

1. jaybros06 Win User

Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up

I recently had my HP home desktop computer upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via a clean install. Cortana was intentionally not activated during the install. When I now start the computer or when the computer awakens from a sleep state an infernal Bing window appears and want this window to not appear ever again but cannot find any reasonably simple way to stop it. My default browser is Chrome and my preferred search engine is Google. Please help.

:)

jaybros06, Dec 28, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 28, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 28, 2019
  4. NenadB Win User

How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10

How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10?

Thanks in advance.

NenadB, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Stopping a Bing window from automatically opening on start up - Similar Threads - Stopping Bing window

2. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  3. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  4. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  6. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  7. Bing on start up

Bing on start up: Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-on-start-up/8dc9641c-a455-4a08-a7d9-9f74978f8321
  8. How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10: How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10? Thanks in advance. 136364
  9. open chrome automatically on start up

open chrome automatically on start up: how to open chrome automatically in windows 10 on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-chrome-automatically-on-start-up/be87b8ee-0186-42fe-9050-e6e18853191a
  10. Bing automatically opens (Windows 10)

Bing automatically opens (Windows 10): Hi have Chrome set as my default browser but when I switch my computer on and enter my user pin, Bing opens automatically with an info page about the landscape screen shot. I want this to stop happening. I don't want to use Bing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing start when computer awakes

2. bing opens when computer logon windows 10

3. bing automatically starts

4. bing opens automatically,
  5. why does microsoft word open on startup