Windows 10: stopping ad choices

Discus and support stopping ad choices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I stop ad choices on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-ad-choices/76e21f4f-9d85-4062-abcc-4dc36447cf7d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulFawcett, Jun 19, 2019.

1. stopping ad choices

how do I stop ad choices on my windows 10

:)

PaulFawcett, Jun 19, 2019

2. Microsoft Ad Choices

Yeah, I thought at first it was a new ad campaign until I went back to a Windows 7 PC and then
    a Windows 8 and realized there were no ads.

picresize.com is the site.

Under Windows 7 or Windows 8 there are no ads.

Only under Windows 10.

I have reads many many websites on how to delete "Ad Choices" and according to everything I have read and downloaded to try to clean it or find it, Ad Choices is NOT installed on my computer. Then, I found a posting suggesting it was Microsoft's Ad Choices. This is why I cannot clean it off.

If it were ads from the website, they would be there no matter what what OS I was on. Wouldn't you agree?

orlandotek, Jun 19, 2019
  3. shopensky Win User
    ad choices

ad choice is driving how can I stop this headache permantly?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

shopensky, Jun 19, 2019
  4. stopping ad choices

Microsoft Ad Choices

No, that did not help at all. If you read all of the posts here someone already suggested this.

This does NOT disable Ad Choices. I don't want them. They are annoying on most websites but on
    one particular site that I use quite often the ads pop out of the left side of screen scooting the entire
    page to the right. I cannot work on what I need to work on so I have to stop, close the idiot ad, then
    wait for the website to go back to normal. On the next record I go through the same routine again.
    It doubles the time I spend on the site compared to a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC that does not have
    this problem.

Again, I classify Windows 10 as Adware. It is not FREE.

orlandotek, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

stopping ad choices

1. stopping ad choices - Similar Threads - stopping choices

2. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  3. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...

My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...: I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do....
  4. HOW DO I STOP CLOUDFLARE FROM INTERFERING WITH MY CHOICES !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I STOP CLOUDFLARE FROM INTERFERING WITH MY CHOICES !: I WANT TO REMOVE OR DISABLE CLOUDFLARE FROM MY SETTINGS,FROM STOPPING MY CHOICES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-cloudflare-from-interfering-with-my/506950c9-6516-4afe-b818-828797b74220
  5. HOW DO I STOP CLOUDFLARE FROM INTERFERING WITH MY CHOICES !

HOW DO I STOP CLOUDFLARE FROM INTERFERING WITH MY CHOICES !: I WANT TO REMOVE OR DISABLE CLOUDFLARE FROM MY SETTINGS,FROM STOPPING MY CHOICES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-cloudflare-from-interfering-with-my/506950c9-6516-4afe-b818-828797b74220
  6. desktop photo keeps replacing my chosen and locked photo choice. How stop this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop photo keeps replacing my chosen and locked photo choice. How stop this?: The photo which I tried to post shows a tall green mountain top and green below with several houses under the mountain. On the left side are monthly calendars that are non-functional. This appears on all 5 of my computers. When I replace it with several copies of the photo I...
  7. desktop photo keeps replacing my chosen and locked photo choice. How stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photo keeps replacing my chosen and locked photo choice. How stop this?: The photo which I tried to post shows a tall green mountain top and green below with several houses under the mountain. On the left side are monthly calendars that are non-functional. This appears on all 5 of my computers. When I replace it with several copies of the photo I...
  8. desktop photo keeps replacing my chosen and locked photo choice. How stop this?

9. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?: I have associated a number of non-standard Windows apps with various file types, but Windows 10 likes to question my choices by displaying the application choice dialog with my already selected app checked and asking me to confirm "always use this app to open". This is...
  10. Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice: This is very annoying. You asked me million times already and I said No Thanks million times. Why this annoying spamming? [ATTACH]...