Windows 10: Stopping an application from running on admin

Discus and support Stopping an application from running on admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CooperVassallo, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Stopping an application from running on admin

When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help.

:)

CooperVassallo, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Jan 30, 2021
  4. djmcnz Win User

Stopping an application from running on admin

running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Stopping an application from running on admin

1. Stopping an application from running on admin - Similar Threads - Stopping application running

2. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  3. [help] No sound when running application as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] No sound when running application as admin: When I run an application as an admin you will usually here that sound after u right click the application and press run as administrator. My pc is not doing that how do I fix this? Another example is when I click my volume meter in the bottom right (0-100) it usually makes...
  4. Stop applications from downloading to Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop applications from downloading to Admin: I let my daughter play on my computer, and she wants to download and play some games on it. Every time she downloads a game, it also goes into my account, because most of the games require the Admin password. But I don't want the games on my Admin account, and she has a...
  5. Stop applications from downloading to Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop applications from downloading to Admin: I let my daughter play on my computer, and she wants to download and play some games on it. Every time she downloads a game, it also goes into my account, because most of the games require the Admin password. But I don't want the games on my Admin account, and she has a...
  6. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  7. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  8. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...
  9. How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?: I have a made a small software for personal use but I want to run it as an Administrator on all computers. Not just through Right-Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this Program as a an Administrator. I want it like always run this program as an administrator...
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....