Windows 10: Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on

Discus and support Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is an annoying problem, and I've tried Advanced Power Options etc which doesn't cover this. After checking weather, emails etc, I often go do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Weed Angel, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on

This is an annoying problem, and I've tried Advanced Power Options etc which doesn't cover this. After checking weather, emails etc, I often go do other things for half an hour. When I come back, the system has switched off! Can you please give me clear instructions how to STOP this!

The Weed Angel

:)

Weed Angel, Oct 28, 2019
  2. k1dr0ck Win User

stop auto-switching to another desktop

hi,

i have desktop 1 and desktop 2
    i have 2 excel files in desktop 1 and 1 excel file in desktop 2
    i open another excel file in desktop 1 so there would now be 2 excel file open in desktop 1
    then when i close 1 excel file in desktop 1
    it will automatically switch to an excel file which is in desktop 2
    i understand it switches to another desktop when there are no more excel files open in the current desktop
    but i still have 1 excel file open in desktop 1
    how can i stop windows from auto switching?
    its really getting annoying

k1dr0ck, Oct 28, 2019
  3. auto shutdown

Still not helpful with the steps given above. I cannot find the auto shutdown problem.

I believe my Dell Unit has been installed with Advance System Care 9 with its auto shutdown but it was already uninstalled can no longer identify what makes it auto shutdown still.

Charm Yap-Bagasbas, Oct 28, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on

Turning off auto shut down on windows 10 desktop.

Hi,

As mention you want to cancel auto shutdown which have created a task and the task can be cancel by the simple steps below

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + R and hit
      Enter.

• Type “ shutdown –a ”
      in the empty box and hit Enter.
    If the above step didn’t work try step two.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X and press
      Enter.

• Click on command prompt.

• Type “ shutdown –a “ in the black screen where the cursor is blinking and hit
      Enter
    I hope the information is helpful and get back we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on

1. Stopping auto shutdown of desktop when first switched on - Similar Threads - Stopping auto shutdown

2. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  3. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  4. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to disable auto-switching of desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto-switching of desktops: [ATTACH] On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a game or an program running on another desktop and when it finishes running it automatically switches back to another desktop....
  6. Auto Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown: Is they a way to shut down my windows 10 computer every night at 11pm? I do not have a password to log into windows and sometimes the computer is in sleep mode at that time. Is there a way to do this with these things going on. Tried different programs but nothing seems to...
  7. auto shutdown when connection lost

auto shutdown when connection lost: ive asus k55vd when ever im playing games and my router some times cant access the internet in game it will be shutdown immediately!i checked it by overheating but its not!my wireless drive is intel wireless N2230 but its worked perfectly before but it seems when ever im...
  8. Auto shutdown when lossing connection

Auto shutdown when lossing connection: ive asus k55vd and i get shutdown when my wifi router have no internet access !when ever i connected to my wifi its worked well till my router lose internet and i get shutdown ! it worked well before but this prob is new to me and there is no answer to that on internet...
  9. stop auto-switching to another desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    stop auto-switching to another desktop: hi, i have desktop 1 and desktop 2 i have 2 excel files in desktop 1 and 1 excel file in desktop 2 i open another excel file in desktop 1 so there would now be 2 excel file open in desktop 1 then when i close 1 excel file in desktop 1 it will automatically switch to an...
  10. Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...: Does anyone know how to turn on the automatic desktop/tablet mode switching? I run W10, the official release, on a Surface Pro 3 with a keyboard cover. Up to now, when I detach the keyboard I get asked if I want to switch to tablet mode, and when I attach the keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does focus assist keep turning on