Windows 10: Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC.

Discus and support Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 so am very much finding my way around, as previously had Vista. I have added my wife as an additional user account, but whenever... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nnamak2019, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC.

I am new to Windows 10 so am very much finding my way around, as previously had Vista. I have added my wife as an additional user account, but whenever we restart the PC each morning it automatically signs in to my account, without giving us a choice of whose account to sign in. So we then have to go to wait, then select 'Switch user' for her to sign in.

Is there a way to get the 'Sign in' screen to stop automatically choosing an account and signing in, and instead give us a choice of which of our accounts to use?

:)

nnamak2019, Aug 13, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 13, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 13, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC.

1. Stopping automatic sign-in on starting PC. - Similar Threads - Stopping automatic sign

2. One drive stop automatic sign in syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive stop automatic sign in syncing: I've looked up severl articles and get differtent advice, none of which seems to match what I have. egTurn On or Off OneDrive Run at Startup in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.comBut if I go to system tray cloud setting I get this which is not what is shown...
  3. One drive stop automatic sign in syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive stop automatic sign in syncing: I've looked up severl articles and get differtent advice, none of which seems to match what I have. egTurn On or Off OneDrive Run at Startup in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.comBut if I go to system tray cloud setting I get this which is not what is shown...
  4. How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in: I tried to look it up on YouTube doesn’t work so I almost gave up so I went to Microsoft egea and still dosent work I did everything it told me but at this point I just don’t know what to do pls contect me and tell me what wrong...
  5. How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in: I tried to look it up on YouTube doesn’t work so I almost gave up so I went to Microsoft egea and still dosent work I did everything it told me but at this point I just don’t know what to do pls contect me and tell me what wrong...
  6. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  7. PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping: Please advise if this is incorrect forum, or whether a thread already explains this (I did a search but didn't see anything). I have not installed anything or made any changes recently yet my desktop machine stopped going to sleep at inputted time. While monitor turns off...
  8. How to stop Windows from automatically signing out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows from automatically signing out?: I've had a couple occasion where I need to bring up security options with CTRL+ALT+DELETE and I accidentally click 'sign out'. This would be fine if Windows "asked" to sign out, but instead it closes all programs. Is there any way to change this? submitted by...
  9. stop signing in to all microsoft apps automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stop signing in to all microsoft apps automatically: why stop signing in to all microsoft apps automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-signing-in-to-all-microsoft-apps/6f94c461-6160-4034-b374-247d07fac3c5
  10. Sign in automatically

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in automatically: How do I create a new user account with full admin rights and then configure the laptop so that the new user account appears on the bootup/start up screen and logs in automatically (with a password input) i.e. make it the default account Win 10 pro...