Windows 10: Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

Discus and support Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditisRacist12, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

SO if I close, ect, and video is firefox(doesn't matter the site) the sound being played through the selected device in windows stops working as well.

If this happens and I load up a video or continue one the sound starts up again. It's like firefox/windows 10 sound is synced and stopping ANY video on firefox stops windows from playing sound..

How the heck do I fix this?

submitted by /u/RedditisRacist12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditisRacist12, Oct 1, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

Hmmm, I have all those options EXCEPT that one. I just pause or disable the sound using the tab icon but I can see this being useful to reducing resources.

Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound. [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound. [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound.

1. Stopping/pausing/closing videos in firefox stops windows from playing sound. - Similar Threads - Stopping pausing closing

2. All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped: I am on Windows 10.Scenario: I am listening to radio over the internal in a browserI am also playing a game at the same timeso there is sound output from both the radio and the game... fineIf I pause the sound from the radio, the sound from the game also stops.I also have...
  3. All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped: I am on Windows 10.Scenario: I am listening to radio over the internal in a browserI am also playing a game at the same timeso there is sound output from both the radio and the game... fineIf I pause the sound from the radio, the sound from the game also stops.I also have...
  4. All sound stops when one application sound is paused/stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Play Pausing Rapidly - Mousepad stops working!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Play Pausing Rapidly - Mousepad stops working!!: Hi, My HP pavilion laptop 14 bf125tx started having a problem in July. Whenever i play a video, be it in a browser or in any player in my PC, the video keep play-pausing rapidly. I have noticed the mousepad also stops working when the reckoning happens. I ran all kinds of...
  6. Video plays after pausing and will not stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video plays after pausing and will not stop: I am having a problem where videos will continue to play if you pause the video. This happens with the spotify app as well. I would pause it and about 10 seconds later it starts to play on its own. I tried uninstalling the browsers and reinstalling them with no luck, the...
  7. windows stops playing all videos and sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stops playing all videos and sounds: Hi. i'm having trouble with windows 10 playing all sounds and videos. The problem occurs when i play something on YouTube or Spotify or similar. When i pres to play next video or song the player freezes, stops playing and just loads (i use google chrome). The problem is that...
  8. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox: It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version: [img] 128337
  9. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops: When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas? I was using Edge...
  10. Stop an app from pausing.

Stop an app from pausing.: Hello, I don't have a smartphone so I use the Instagram app on my computer to watch friends live streams. It's frustrating when I want to do work and listen to friends live streams but Instagram app pauses because i've clicked off the window. How can I stop this?...