Windows 10: Stopping Service from System Recovery Options

Discus and support Stopping Service from System Recovery Options in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been stuck on infinite startup repair when i messed up msconfig, after i enabled Vanguard anti cheat service of a Valorant games on a Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VangzX, Feb 15, 2022.

1. VangzX Win User

Stopping Service from System Recovery Options

I have been stuck on infinite startup repair when i messed up msconfig, after i enabled Vanguard anti cheat service of a Valorant games on a Windows 7. Neither i cant start normally my pc or even try safe mode from advanced boot options.Now if theres still hope, I wanted to stop these services like procedured in a system recocery options: https://absolutelegends.gg/valorant/guides/107/how-to-uninstall-valorantBut when i do so:Is there still anything I can do? Appreciate help on this issue

:)

VangzX, Feb 15, 2022

2. The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to start Volume Shadow Copy service
    and set it to Automatic.

Steps to Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Volume Shadow Copy service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.
    Note: You may lose the restore points when you stop the VSS.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

I also suggest you to refer to the section creating a recovery drive in below article.

Repair & recovery

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Reference: I also suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 15, 2022
  3. XBOX APP BUG - XblAuthManager Service Fails to Stop Correctly

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please be informed that Xbox Live Auth Manager provides authentication and authorization services for interacting with Xbox Live. If this service is stopped, some applications may not operate correctly. This service exists
    in Windows 10 only. The Xbox Live Auth Manager service runs as a LocalSystem in a shared process of svchost.exe.

This process is mainly dependent on the Remote Procedure Call (RPC). So it is strongly recommended that you have the RPCSS service running as well.

Now, please follow the below recommendation and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

If the above recommendation did not work, I would suggest you to restore the computer to an earlier functional state and see if it helps.

Refer to the below link on
    Recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Stopping Service from System Recovery Options - Similar Threads - Stopping Service System

2. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  3. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  4. Stop Code: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: System Service Exception: I bluescreened with the error system service exception and am unsure of what caused it. I am unsure of how to attach my .dmp file but here is what I recieved when opening it on WinDbg and using !analyze -v:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001 AMD64Copyright c...
  5. Stopping Service from System Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Service from System Recovery Options: I have been stuck on infinite startup repair when i messed up msconfig, after i enabled Vanguard anti cheat service of a Valorant games on a Windows 7. Neither i cant start normally my pc or even try safe mode from advanced boot options.Now if theres still hope, I wanted to...
  6. Stop Code: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: System Service Exception: Hello, We have a Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 which is crashing frequently. It will crash when the machine is just sitting on the home screen and not being used. The blue screen message is Stop Code: System Service Exception. We have Windows version 1909 OS Build...
  7. Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more: Hello! First, please excuse me for my poor english - it's not my mother language! I will make my PC dual boot with windows 10 and 7 and I have an idea – is it possible to make full system drive backup (with activation, all drivers, apps, system and apps settings) on separate...
  8. services are stopped in system config. Is this a problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    services are stopped in system config. Is this a problem?: Services are stopped in system config is this a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/services-are-stopped-in-system-config-is-this-a/358bb46d-6643-4912-b6c7-69303f3f5211
  9. System Configuration Services 'Stopped'

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Configuration Services 'Stopped': Hey, a few months ago several services stopped functioning on my computer (including printing), and when I checked System Configuration, it said all these services were 'stopped'. There are no apparent ways to set these to 'running', and I was wondering if anyone knew a way...
  10. System Image Recovery option missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery option missing: Hi guys, Forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. My problem started when I try to perform a windows creator upgrade. After the upgrading process, I ran "winver" but it shows my current version as "1607 Build 14393.447". So I try to restore using my backup image but...