Windows 10: Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

Discus and support Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Task Manager, Processes tab shows many entries of programs I rarely or no longer use. When they are right-clicked and 'End process' is selected, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph PHILIPPA, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

In Task Manager, Processes tab shows many entries of programs I rarely or no longer use. When they are right-clicked and 'End process' is selected, the effect is only temporary. Is there a way of making the effect permanent ?

:)

Joseph PHILIPPA, Dec 16, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

1. Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809 - Similar Threads - Stopping unwanted programs

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  5. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  6. unwanted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted program: can't uninstall segurazo antivirus. do not know where it came from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/78587875-7014-489c-bc73-eff95598fed5
  7. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  8. Unwanted program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted program: How do I get rid of Microsoft Teams on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/96d1f953-2c45-42a3-8d01-6d757de5ca93
  9. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  10. last update stopped program from running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    last update stopped program from running: Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution, (yeah right.) 50431