Windows 10: Stopping Update

Discus and support Stopping Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve been running an update since 8am. It’s only at 26% complete after 3 hours. I’m quickly running out of time to wait. I need to get real work done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoreyHammer, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Stopping Update

I’ve been running an update since 8am. It’s only at 26% complete after 3 hours. I’m quickly running out of time to wait. I need to get real work done not wait for this to slowly decide to finish updating.

Is a hard reboot safe at this point? It was stuck at 25% for 40-ish minutes. I cannot afford to wait 16 days which is the current timing given progress so far.

:)

CoreyHammer, Sep 15, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 15, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stopping Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 15, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Stopping Update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Stopping Update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Stopping Update

1. Stopping Update - Similar Threads - Stopping Update

2. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  3. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  4. Windows 10 updates stop making progress at 91% for 24 hours ... What I have to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates stop making progress at 91% for 24 hours ... What I have to do?: How to contact real people support for help? this is same screen and percentage since yesterday. "Working on updates 91% , Don't turn off your PC This will take a while" My computer = HP - 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Jet...
  5. How to stop microsoft from aggressively trying to update my windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop microsoft from aggressively trying to update my windows?: I just played CSGO in a very important competitive match, but my team lost because windows dropped me to desktop midgame and asked me to update my windows, and I died in game and we lost the decisive round. I clicked on "Ask later" and now it already asked about 6 times and...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 61%

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 stops at 61%: Dear All, can you please help me to overcome the problem in the Subject? My computer is HP Elite X2 1012 G1. I have tried whatever I could find, including uninstalling the audio devices one of the advices found at Windows Central. Nothing worked. What should I do?...
  7. My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update: My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update, then voicemod stopped working too, so now not even OBS will detect my mic. I've tried restarting, I've tried unplugging and replugging both my headphones and the mic attached to them, and even deleting...
  8. Stop code KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED comes up repetedly after attempting current update....

Stop code KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED comes up repetedly after attempting current update....: Blue screen comes up with Stop code KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, comes up repetedly after attempting current update. Up date never completes. Now cannot boot computer in any mode. Keep getting the blue screen....
  9. Microsoft -stop ram Roding your browser and one drive to us,just fix ur update headaches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft -stop ram Roding your browser and one drive to us,just fix ur update headaches: hey microsoft stop pedaling us windows edge and one drive to us it aint selling and TRY to fix your messy update issues your update is **** and we are not really HAPPY and we will not use your other products. kapish....
  10. Windows Start menu button not work post update and after roll back search bar stopped...

in Cortana
    Windows Start menu button not work post update and after roll back search bar stopped...: Hello. My girlfriends computer was really slow. Surrogate COM was taking up 100% disk space. We did the windows disk clean Right click C > Properties > Disk clean up and selected temporary internet files and thumbnails. This took care of Surrogate COM but then abunch of...