Windows 10: Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking.

Discus and support Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for a way (if possible) to stop Windows 10 from searching my network for printers before I ask it to or making it where I can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nihluss, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Nihluss Win User

Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking.

I am looking for a way (if possible) to stop Windows 10 from searching my network for printers before I ask it to or making it where I can still install shared printer but the automatic search can't see them. Our environment currently has hundreds of printers and we are looking utilize Active Directory groups to assign printers to users and computers depending on the situation. I don't want users to be able to click add printer and a list of all the printers show up every time.

:)

Nihluss, Jul 19, 2019
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking.

Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking.

1. Stopping Win 10 from searching printers on my network without asking. - Similar Threads - Stopping searching printers

2. Win 10 search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 search stopped working: I'm running win10 64-bit, and the search feature has totally stopped. I can no longer search for anything. I can't even type in the search bar unless I close the window and reload it.Nothing I type in the search box shows up in the search. I tried resetting search to default...
  3. Win 10 search stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 search stopped working: I'm running win10 64-bit, and the search feature has totally stopped. I can no longer search for anything. I can't even type in the search bar unless I close the window and reload it.Nothing I type in the search box shows up in the search. I tried resetting search to default...
  4. Win 10 search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 network printer default name setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 network printer default name setting: According to everything I can find regarding this topic, Win 10 assigns a default name to a printer network printer based on make, model etc. when adding a new printer to the list of installed printers. Even if the network printer has a unique name set up via the web...
  6. Win 10 network printer default name setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 network printer default name setting: According to everything I can find regarding this topic, Win 10 assigns a default name to a printer network printer based on make, model etc. when adding a new printer to the list of installed printers. Even if the network printer has a unique name set up via the web...
  7. Printer disappeared from Win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer disappeared from Win 10.: I've been using my Epson RX620 printer with no problems.Today I wanted to print a Word doc. and when I clicked "File" & "Print" it came up as OneNote for Windows 10. My printer isn't listed anymore!I'm no tech - yes below low tech, so I'm totally lost, and can't print a darn...
  8. Network printer problem - only on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printer problem - only on Win 10: I have a wireless HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series printer. Router is TP Archer C50. Router has 2x2.4Ghz (SSIDs K1 and K2 (Guest)) and 1x5Ghz radios (SSID K5) At first I thought this was a Win10 issue. But it seems that printer will only work when I am connected to K1 or K5. But...
  9. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...