Windows 10: Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

Discus and support Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I am seeing a change in the behaviour of WER over previous versions when the PC has no access to the internet so cannot contact the WER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glyn Forster, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

In Windows 10 I am seeing a change in the behaviour of WER over previous versions when the PC has no access to the internet so cannot contact the WER logging site.

In older versions of Windows the WER event log entry occurred once in the Event Log when viewed using Event Viewer.

In Win 10 the WER event log entries repeat themselves every 20 or so minutes until they are removed from the Problem Reports list.

I have tried changing some of the registry settings from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/wer-settings but have only managed to prevent the entry ever being logged which is not the behaviour I am after.

Does anyone know what settings to change to get the WER system to log to the Event Log just once when the system cannot contact the central error site?

Thanks

Glyn

:)

Glyn Forster, Oct 16, 2018
  2. csmdew Win User

Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031

I want to stop error code 7031 from showing up in the event viewer log in win 10 (since its a redundant code that means nothing anyway), so does anyone know the steps (and explain in layman terms) to prevent it from posting. I do not mean just filtering it unless that is all that can be done, I want it gone. Thanks

csmdew, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Event log errors

Pamela

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

Event viewer error reporting and system audit report

Hello,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

It will be prudent for us to review event logs on your system for this issue and check for errors to proceed with the troubleshooting in targeted direction.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in an event log that you
    can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs. To open Event Viewer:

• Right Click the Start Button and type
      Control Panel
      and click on the result from the list.

• At the top right corner, change the view type to large icons or small icons. In Control Panel Click
      Administrative Tools.

• In Administrative Tools click Computer Management.

• In Computer Management click Event Viewer.

• In Event Viewer, filter the logs and select the logs related to Explorer.exe crashes while language change.

• Copy the logs and post here with the reply.

Apart from that,

Update Drivers

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If you are unable to find the drivers for Windows 10, you may try to
    install the drivers in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1.

Firstly download the driver from your computer's manufacturer website and then install it.

Refer (Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access

1. Stopping Windows Error Reports Repeating in the Event Log when System has no network access - Similar Threads - Stopping Error Reports

2. Event 1001 windows error reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 1001 windows error reporting: I'm constantly experiencing errors when entering games and I saw this in event viewing, I see things like this all the time, freezes in games, my computer turns off and on, I'm so tired now it's been like this for monthsError bundle 1249521222477769357, type 1 Event Name:...
  3. Event 1001 windows error reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 1001 windows error reporting: I'm constantly experiencing errors when entering games and I saw this in event viewing, I see things like this all the time, freezes in games, my computer turns off and on, I'm so tired now it's been like this for monthsError bundle 1249521222477769357, type 1 Event Name:...
  4. Event 1001 windows error reporting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Access to Windows Error Reporting Crash Logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access to Windows Error Reporting Crash Logs: I'm a Windows developer, and I've published a popular Win32 application. I understand that Windows Error Reporting may give me the ability to download crash logs that are automatically sent to Microsoft. However, after reading documentation on this, I can't figure out how...
  6. accessing the windows system event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accessing the windows system event log: Network Error: Another computer on this network has the same IP address on this computer. Access the windows system event log for details. How do I resolve this problem?...
  7. Windows Error reporting event management?

Windows Error reporting event management?: How do you clear the older now non applicable Windows Error reporting events? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-error-reporting-event-management/65dd5d97-84ce-4532-9562-74eb7f8198d6
  8. Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting

Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting: I am getting BSOD on Windows 10 after updating the bios and all drivers on my Dell E5470 and then updating to W10 2004 Event ID: 1001 Description: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 27 P2: baad0073...
  9. Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 536dcd17-cb48-4b05-a400-4e8eab42b859 Problem signature: P1: 9f P2: 3 P3: ffff860efe8d6060 P4: fffffa88b44298b0 P5: ffff860f04f45aa0 P6: 10_0_18363 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files:...
  10. Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031: I want to stop error code 7031 from showing up in the event viewer log in win 10 (since its a redundant code that means nothing anyway), so does anyone know the steps (and explain in layman terms) to prevent it from posting. I do not mean just filtering it unless that is all...