Windows 10: Stoppint Bing on startup

Discus and support Stoppint Bing on startup in Cortana to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home v 1909. Have looked online how to stop Bing from appearing on startup. Everything including what's in the Community Forum would... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MurraySmith5, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Stoppint Bing on startup

Running Windows 10 Home v 1909. Have looked online how to stop Bing from appearing on startup. Everything including what's in the Community Forum would appear to apply to earlier versions of W10. I follow the steps and nothing I see corresponds to the instructions I'm supposed to follow.

For example, one set of instructions says "3. Click Cortana & Search Settings." This does not exist!

Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

MurraySmith5, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 4, 2020
  3. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Feb 4, 2020
  4. BD501 Win User

Stoppint Bing on startup

How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup.

I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off Bing wasn't an option using Cortana). So now I'm trying to figure out how to add Google to the list of startup programs in Task Manager.
    Microsoft help says select 'Start', then right click the program you want to add to Startup, click 'More' then click 'Open File Location". Microsoft help then says if 'Open File Location' isn't displayed, the program can't run at start up. So I'm stuck.
    Anyone know how to have Google dispaly at startup? Thank you....BD in Little Rock

BD501, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Stoppint Bing on startup

1. Stoppint Bing on startup - Similar Threads - Stoppint Bing startup

2. Bing daily image on startup screen in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing daily image on startup screen in Win 11: I just bought a new laptop with Win 11. On my old laptop the Bing daily image was the background screen at startup. I also got a prompt to select if I liked the image or not. I've got a daily image to be my background after I log in but not a startup. Can this be fixed?...
  3. Bing daily image on startup screen in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing daily image on startup screen in Win 11: I just bought a new laptop with Win 11. On my old laptop the Bing daily image was the background screen at startup. I also got a prompt to select if I liked the image or not. I've got a daily image to be my background after I log in but not a startup. Can this be fixed?...
  4. Bing browser pops up on startup every time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing browser pops up on startup every time.: I have tried removing it from startup but it keeps re-installing. Ridiculous I can't control what starts up on my machine. I am considering using a MAC instead because I am so tired of microsoft forcing me to use programs. Can you please tell me how to keep bing from starting...
  5. how do i change startup from bing to chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change startup from bing to chrome: how do i change startup from bing to chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-startup-from-bing-to-chrome/6cf9fc8a-d5db-4d77-b5b2-533e569c087e
  6. How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically. * Original title: Bing * Moved from Bing ***Modified title from: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.***...
  7. Stopping Bing on startup

in Cortana
    Stopping Bing on startup: Running Windows 10 Home v 1909. Have looked online how to stop Bing from appearing on startup. Everything including what's in the Community Forum would appear to apply to earlier versions of W10. I follow the steps and nothing I see corresponds to the instructions I'm...
  8. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  9. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  10. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

in Cortana
    How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing): Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup. I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent bing at staartup of win10

2. uninstall bing from my computer windows 10