Windows 10: storage and deleting problems

Discus and support storage and deleting problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It tells me to delete junk files to download windows 10 but when i go to delete them it doesn't work and there is no error message or anything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thewhitedevil59, Oct 16, 2018.

1. storage and deleting problems

It tells me to delete junk files to download windows 10 but when i go to delete them it doesn't work and there is no error message or anything else that pops up.

:)

thewhitedevil59, Oct 16, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 16, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 16, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

storage and deleting problems

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

storage and deleting problems

1. storage and deleting problems - Similar Threads - storage deleting problems

2. What to delete in storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to delete in storage: I keep getting messages to buy more storage space I’m not a big iPhone user but have pictures what do you recommend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-delete-in-storage/c9905152-e61f-4ca6-8e58-191ddad26005
  3. What to delete in storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to delete in storage: I keep getting messages to buy more storage space I’m not a big iPhone user but have pictures what do you recommend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-delete-in-storage/c9905152-e61f-4ca6-8e58-191ddad26005
  4. What to delete in storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Storage problem

Storage problem: My device suddenly went out of storage, I have 500 GB now I have only 200GB left , I dont have that much files, its filling up all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/0f460017-96c1-410d-add7-ced00ca0cd8f
  6. Delete Mail Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Mail Storage: Hi everyone,I'm trying to clean up my storage and I've noticed I've got 9.55 GB of mail on my storage which I would like to delete. I'm trying to get this removed and I can't. Can anyone advise how to do it?...
  7. Delete Mail Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Mail Storage: Hi everyone,I'm trying to clean up my storage and I've noticed I've got 9.55 GB of mail on my storage which I would like to delete. I'm trying to get this removed and I can't. Can anyone advise how to do it?...
  8. Delete Mail Storage

9. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage problem: Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't...
  10. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage problem: Please help! I saw on the "File Explorer" at "This PC" that my D drive has 562GB free space, later i checked with CMD using "dir" command and I found that my D drive has 603GB free space. Can anyone tell me what happend and give some suggestions? Many thanks...