Windows 10: Storage and other users

Discus and support Storage and other users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone I am new to this so please bear with. I am trying to reduce my hard disk size as it is full and I have looked endlessly at the web for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by How1, Sep 22, 2016.

1. How1 Win User

Storage and other users

Hi Everyone
    I am new to this so please bear with.
    I am trying to reduce my hard disk size as it is full and I have looked endlessly at the web for an answer and hopefully a fix for my problem. No luck.
    When I go into my storage This pc (c*Smile and look to see what is using the most of my GB I can see the culprit is OTHER USERS with a whopping 789GB usage.
    I was windows 8.1 before downloading windows 10.
    Question is; Can I get this Other Users deleted or reduced in size to free space up as I am out of disk space.
    I have today brought a SanDisk cruzer blade 128GB usb flash drive but I want to free up enough space so windows can finish downloading updates etc. on my hard drive Can anyone help?
    *Smile*Wink*Biggrin*chuckle*Rolleyes*Confused

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Storage - Other Users

Have you looked in File Explorer and seen what is listed as drives?

lacrumb, Sep 22, 2016
  3. caedwards Win User
    Storage - Other Users

I have 650 GB of storage listed as Other Users. What is this and how do I find out what is in this storage area? I am the only user on my laptop running Windows 10.

caedwards, Sep 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Storage and other users

Hi, can you please post a screenshot of what you see?
    Also download a copy of Windirstat (free), run that, and post a screenshot.

You can easily find those programs.

How big is the drive in your laptop? What type of laptop is it? - please add to your specs. Thanks.

Meanwhile, try downloading a copy of Ccleaner (free) and run that and report how much you've saved.
    That won't fix the main problem, but if you're not in the habit of running something like that, may recover useful space.

(128 Gb for backup is small these days- we recommend disk imaging strongly, which allows you to restore your PC to a previously working state, and that would likely need a 1Tb -2Tb disk for example if you were to image everything and update your images).

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  5. How1 Win User
    Storage and other users [​IMG]

6. How1 Win User
    Hi I have Ccleaner already installed and when ran deleted the following:W=7.48MB App=14.3MB.
    I have a Packardbell Easynote Processere AMDA4-5000 APU with RADEON HD GRAPHICS 1.50GHz
    INSTALLED MEMORY (RAM) 800GB (704GB USABLE) SYSTEM TYPE 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM X64

I downloaded and ran Windirstat as you said and the storage amont is still the same.

7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Windirstat only shows how your disk space is used. Nothing more.

This is what I was hoping for-- so you can see some detail. You can immediately see two large files, and where more space is consumed:

Then expand 'Other Users' so we can actually see what folder or folders that is.. what it's comprised of.
    It's one thing to delete it once, but where has it come from?

Here I clicked 'Treemap' to get more detail:

Could you do the same please?
    How many users do you have on your PC?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage and other users

1. Storage and other users - Similar Threads - Storage users

2. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

“Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  6. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  7. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

8. what to do if i have a user in windows 10 in another storage and i want to make it an...

what to do if i have a user in windows 10 in another storage and i want to make it an...: Hi, I recently inserted a new ssd to my pc and it happened that a new user was created in that ssd, I used the advanced startup and I managed to return to my previous user where I had everything downloaded, but still every time I turn on the computer returns to the old user...
  9. what to do if i have a user in windows 10 in another storage and i want to make it an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if i have a user in windows 10 in another storage and i want to make it an...: Hi, I recently inserted a new ssd to my pc and it happened that a new user was created in that ssd, I used the advanced startup and I managed to return to my previous user where I had everything downloaded, but still every time I turn on the computer returns to the old user...
  10. what to do if i have a user in windows 10 in another storage and i want to make it an...