Windows 10: Storage and updates

Discus and support Storage and updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why doesn't windows allow me to use a flash drive when memory is low for the May 2020 update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by New Me 2, Jun 16, 2020.

1. New Me 2 Win User

Storage and updates

Why doesn't windows allow me to use a flash drive when memory is low for the May 2020 update?

:)

New Me 2, Jun 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Storage and updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Storage and updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Storage and updates

1. Storage and updates - Similar Threads - Storage updates

2. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  3. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  4. why do i fail to update to 22H2 via windows 10 ? storage space should be avaliable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i fail to update to 22H2 via windows 10 ? storage space should be avaliable...: need to update to at least Windows 22H2 in updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-fail-to-update-to-22h2-via-windows-10/87494c97-fc2d-4e91-952e-a9a0f5f713ad
  5. why do i fail to update to 22H2 via windows 10 ? storage space should be avaliable...

why do i fail to update to 22H2 via windows 10 ? storage space should be avaliable...: need to update to at least Windows 22H2 in updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-fail-to-update-to-22h2-via-windows-10/87494c97-fc2d-4e91-952e-a9a0f5f713ad
  6. why do i fail to update to 22H2 via windows 10 ? storage space should be avaliable...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. why i keep failingt to get updates 22H2 . even though i have adeed storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i keep failingt to get updates 22H2 . even though i have adeed storage space: why do i keep failing to successfully get update 22H2 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-keep-failingt-to-get-updates-22h2-even/6d9df1db-668b-44ef-832b-fcafe70fbf11
  8. why i keep failingt to get updates 22H2 . even though i have adeed storage space

why i keep failingt to get updates 22H2 . even though i have adeed storage space: why do i keep failing to successfully get update 22H2 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-keep-failingt-to-get-updates-22h2-even/6d9df1db-668b-44ef-832b-fcafe70fbf11
  9. why i keep failingt to get updates 22H2 . even though i have adeed storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I don't have enough storage space on my C drive to install updates - not sure best way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have enough storage space on my C drive to install updates - not sure best way to...: Hi I have a lenovo PC with a C drive with only 117GB space which is constantly too full for updates even though have deleted lots of things and asked all new aps etc to go to my D drive. The D drive has 400GB and I am only using 57GB. Is there a way of moving some of my...