Windows 10: storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the...

Discus and support storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can you tell me how i can fix this any anti virus i use cannot pick up anything on my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XxG3TR3KTxX591, Jul 23, 2020.

1. storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the...

can you tell me how i can fix this any anti virus i use cannot pick up anything on my system

:)

XxG3TR3KTxX591, Jul 23, 2020

2. windows services keeps geting disabled on there own

services disabled list

all diagnostic services

storage service

windows update service

data usage service

device management wireless

distributed link tracking service

downloaded maps service

google update service

intel disable service

net.tcp sharing service

network connected devices

OpenSSH authentication service

payments and NFC/SE service

program compatibility

routing and remote

secondary logon

Shared Pc account Manager

SysMain

Windows Insider service

windows image isq...

XxG3TR3KTxX591, Jul 30, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the...

storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the diagnostics services

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.

I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

Help me understand the issue that you are having with your Windows pc for me to provide accurate recommendation. Are you having issues installing updates?

For windows update services you try the steps below on how to enable them.

You can try the following steps below.

Press Windows + X and click ‘Settings.’

Go to ‘Update & Security and click on Troubleshoot

Click on Windows update

Click ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

Grant admin permission and follow the troubleshoot wizard to apply fixes

Reset Windows Update Components.

Go to this link and download the Windows update components, after running the fix, restart your pc and install the updates again.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Once you download the file save the file in your desktop and name it as reset.bat

Right click and run it as administrator.

Once done restart your pc and download the updates.

For the anti-virus, are you trying to run a scan in your pc? If yes , you can try this scanner.

Download and run the scanner and check if there are any threats in the system

just download the free version

Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, & Anti-Malware Software | Malwarebytes

Disclaimer: These are non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Once done restart your pc and check if issue persist, I'll look forward for your response.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the...

1. storage and windows update services getting disabled on there own as well as all the... - Similar Threads - storage update services

2. Disable Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Update Service: Hi,We have Microsoft Team Room TAP and having Windows 11 22H2.I wanted to disable Windows Update as it creates problem sometimes windows stuck on completing windows update process therefore i wanted to permantely disable Windows Update service. To do this Disabled Windows...
  3. Disable Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows Update Service: Hi,We have Microsoft Team Room TAP and having Windows 11 22H2.I wanted to disable Windows Update as it creates problem sometimes windows stuck on completing windows update process therefore i wanted to permantely disable Windows Update service. To do this Disabled Windows...
  4. Disabling Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows Update Service: Long story short: Windows 11 downloaded itself on my computer. For 2 months I was able to keep pausing it as I do not want to install Windows 11 yet. Last time I went to pause it you need to check for updates first before you can pause again, it started the process of...
  5. Windows Update services is disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update services is disabled: In windows update tab it is "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  6. disable windows update service

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows update service: i have disable windows update service many times, still it switches to manual mode by itself and start by itself my laptop is 7-8 years old and i am running of hard disk, i dont want windows to update 176762
  7. Disabled all services windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled all services windows 10: Well I thought by disabling all services through the msconfig i could help to troubleshoot a problem of performance . When i rebooted i was givin the windows log in screen which i would use my pin. It said my pin wasnt available .So it showed sign in options . I used my...
  8. Updates Are Disabling all Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates Are Disabling all Services: I am running Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit After i installed the updates, the PC was slow to boot, and about 2 to 3 minutes for the taskbar. Nothing was running as they should. I opened Task Manager>Details and all Services were either Disabled or Not Allowed. I posted...
  9. windows services keeps geting disabled on there own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows services keeps geting disabled on there own: services disabled list all diagnostic services storage service windows update service data usage service device management wireless distributed link tracking service downloaded maps service google update service intel disable service net.tcp sharing service...
  10. Updates Are Disabling All Services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates Are Disabling All Services: This problem has been driving me nuts for several weeks. I have 3 PCs, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and my main PC became extremely slow to boot and load the desktop. It would take 2 or 3 minutes just to load File Explorer and run installed software. I opened the...