Windows 10: STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

Discus and support STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chipsamoy25, Jul 6, 2021.

1. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps, etc. and nothing creates enough space. I have run disk cleanup and also system files, none of which makes any difference in the Apps & Storage section. Can anyone help provide info how to clean this storage?Thank you.

:)

chipsamoy25, Jul 6, 2021

2. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Treole Win User
    Apps & features disc space doesn't add up to storage use listed

Under "Settings," and "Storage," my OS_Install (CSTORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space. :) total size is 238 GB.

Under "This is how your storage is used and how you can free up space," it says...

Apps & features....98.8 GB

Yet even a cursory total of all programs listed (by size) under Apps & features reveals a total of about 1.5 GB.

And, a bunch of programs are listed at the bottom (including at least one that needs a lot of storage space) without *any* numbers.

Should I presume that the Settings -> Storage utility is incapable of listing ALL programs and all of the space they require?

Why the massive difference (98.8 GB vs 1.5 GB)?

Treole, Jul 6, 2021
  4. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

Storage space doesn't correlate with Apps and Features

In settings, under device and then storage, it says that my Apps and Features take up 120gb. When I click on Apps and Features and click sort by size, the largest file is 18gb, then the next file is only 1gb. The files do not add up to 120gb, and I want
    to know where to find what is taking up so much space!

stormradar212, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

1. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space. - Similar Threads - STORAGE Apps Features

2. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache? 2023

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache? 2023: My microsoft Photos App is taking up 1.41GB of space on my drive C, how do i clear it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-taking-up-a-lot-of-storage/e89ea8da-4277-461a-82e2-9ec0bbbbd2b7
  3. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache? 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache? 2023: My microsoft Photos App is taking up 1.41GB of space on my drive C, how do i clear it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-taking-up-a-lot-of-storage/e89ea8da-4277-461a-82e2-9ec0bbbbd2b7
  4. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache? 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  6. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  7. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache?

Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache?: My Microsoft Photos app is taking up half a gig, is this normal? If not, how do I clear it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-taking-up-a-lot-of-storage/1f751587-fef1-480d-a4a3-9761389e6b30
  8. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache?: My Microsoft Photos app is taking up half a gig, is this normal? If not, how do I clear it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-taking-up-a-lot-of-storage/1f751587-fef1-480d-a4a3-9761389e6b30
  9. Microsoft Photos app taking up a lot of storage space, how to clear cache?

10. something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage

something is taking up all my space in my apps and features in storage: i am trying to download a game that is roughly 80 gb, but there is not enough room in my hard drive. when i went to storage to uninstall apps, i couldn't find any apps or features taking up significant room- but it still says apps and installations are taking up 171 gb. can...