Windows 10: Storage being used for boot

Discus and support Storage being used for boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 (Version: 10.0.18362, if that is relevant). I have an external SSD that I store files on (not system files) just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamzehAsfar, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Storage being used for boot

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 (Version: 10.0.18362, if that is relevant).

I have an external SSD that I store files on (not system files) just documents, project files from various software, text files, pictures ... etc. The disk is (SAMSUNG MZYTE256HMHP-000 SCSI)

This SSD usually shows up as "F:" when accessed from "this PC". A few days ago, it showed up as "J:" when I tried to access it. Many of my files in the disk have become corrupted.

While investigating the problem I realised that for some reason Windows has split the SSD up into multiple partitions, with one of the partitions being used as an EFI system partition. This is odd as my other external disk (storage) is just one partition (see image).

Storage being used for boot 279aaa00-b9a6-40cb-b18b-8d05b686be13?upload=true.png

How do I fix this? The storage device has become unreliable, every time I save something on it, I risk that it becomes corrupted. I would rather not format the disk if there is any hope that the corrupted files will open after some fix.

Note that I have been using this external SSD to store files for over two years without any problems.

Thank you in advance for helping Storage being used for boot :)

:)

HamzehAsfar, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Storage being used for boot

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Storage being used for boot

1. Storage being used for boot - Similar Threads - Storage being used

2. Issue with storage being full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with storage being full: So I kept getting messages everytime I logged into my email address. It kept telling me my storage is full and I needed to free up some storage"Your cloud storage is full. Get more storage to back up new files and send and receive email on Outlook.com." . I assumed it was...
  3. Issue with storage being full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with storage being full: So I kept getting messages everytime I logged into my email address. It kept telling me my storage is full and I needed to free up some storage"Your cloud storage is full. Get more storage to back up new files and send and receive email on Outlook.com." . I assumed it was...
  4. Too much storage being used.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much storage being used.: I tried watching youtube videos to see how to clear it out, I tried all those steps, but it really didn't solve the problem. When I go to the storage section in settings, it says that apps are using 129 GB. I tried to sort it out by size but there was nothing that was bigger...
  5. Too much storage being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much storage being used.: I tried watching youtube videos to see how to clear it out, I tried all those steps, but it really didn't solve the problem. When I go to the storage section in settings, it says that apps are using 129 GB. I tried to sort it out by size but there was nothing that was bigger...
  6. Too much storage being used.

7. More storage being used then it shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More storage being used then it shows: My computer says that 157 GB are being used for apps, but going to apps and features that doesnt add up. Not even 20 GB is being used when adding all my apps up so why does it say 157? And how do i clear this storage?...
  8. More storage being used then it shows

More storage being used then it shows: My computer says that 157 GB are being used for apps, but going to apps and features that doesnt add up. Not even 20 GB is being used when adding all my apps up so why does it say 157? And how do i clear this storage?...
  9. Why is there so much storage being used on my hard drive?

Why is there so much storage being used on my hard drive?: I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but my hard drive has crashed before and deleted all my games everything, this was also after i tried moving windows from my hdd to my ssd, and when it crashed, it started using windows on my hardrive. What would be in my...
  10. onedrive storage being used up too quickly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive storage being used up too quickly: Hello , my laptop came with 5 GB onedrive. This has maxed out recently so I opted for the 100GB option for $2 per month last Sunday!. I now find that my ondrive usage has gone from 5GB to 12.3 GB in the space of ONE WEEK with only minimal laptop usage - some xl,some youtube...