Windows 10: storage change problems

Discus and support storage change problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello everyone im beginning to pull my hair out of my head over this. so i have 2 storage disk a C: and a D: my D (HDD) driver is from my old pc that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/minutealarm, Oct 17, 2020.

1. storage change problems

hello everyone im beginning to pull my hair out of my head over this.

so i have 2 storage disk a C: and a D: my D (HDD) driver is from my old pc that i plugged in in my new with a new SSD. but when i try to install games from the xbox app it only wants to install on my SSD C: driver. when i try to change the location to where new content is saved and change it to D: i get a error message saying: "we couldn't set you default save location. the operation did not complete successfully. try again in a bit. the error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it."

its a problem that i have had for a couple of months now and it seems i tried almost every single online solutions without success. i really hope one of ypu guys might be the lucky one to have a answer to this. thank you so much for you time if you have any solution.

submitted by /u/minutealarm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/minutealarm, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 17, 2020
  4. storage change problems

USB Mass Storage problems

To answer all three questions i have tried in all ports and nothing, and i have tried on another computer and it works just fine, so it is not the device itself, i got a recommendation from a guy I know at a local repair and hobby shop to remove the PATA133 controller card that i recently added and see what that does, if nothing there, next step is the PS3EYE drivers since that is the next recent thing on the list of changes, will update...

Thanks for the idea guys

Darth_Pewee, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

storage change problems

1. storage change problems - Similar Threads - storage change problems

2. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage problem: Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't...
  3. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage problem: Please help! I saw on the "File Explorer" at "This PC" that my D drive has 562GB free space, later i checked with CMD using "dir" command and I found that my D drive has 603GB free space. Can anyone tell me what happend and give some suggestions? Many thanks...
  4. storage problem

storage problem: hello I have an serious problem about my PC storage all of my device storage is something about 32GB and now every day it's get lower I tried to delete my app and old update version from windows but it didn't work and storage got lower again even I tried to reset my windows...
  5. Storage Problem

Storage Problem: i have a pc and it asked for storage to do an update so i plugged in an EMPTY 2TB flashdrive and it is still asking me for more storage. i have done what i could to remove space but it is still asking for 1.4 or something GB, but when i remove the storage it asks for 4 Gb. I...
  6. changing drives for storage

changing drives for storage: how do I move storage between drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-drives-for-storage/2cd77763-f512-407e-9591-ba60c824dd69"
  7. storage problems

storage problems: I was given the option to free up my space and when I clicked the link in my settings to do so, it took me to the selection I can permanently delete my files. I am trying to choose my bigger files that are taking up the majority of my storage, but it just doesn't respond to...
  8. Storage problems

Storage problems: I keep getting notifications about my storage being low or too low to store updates. I've done all the things to get more storage. I can't even download apps. So I bought an SD Card and switched over to that but I still keep getting the same notifications. I've deleted apps...
  9. Storage Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Problems: Since I bought my computer it been nothing but troubled. I have noticed that my storage space first I cannot find the promised 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage. Second my storage has been disappearing for the last 8 months so I am still under the one year warranty. So either I...
  10. Storage Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Problem: Hey, I've recently been having issues with my storage, and when i've gone to look at what is taking up all the space, it turns out to be 65.3GB of temporary files which I can't delete! Please help as this affects me when making YouTube video's Thanks 41791