Windows 10: Storage decrease

Discus and support Storage decrease in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a bit of trouble with the fluctuations with the amount of free space on my OS. I already had a live agent and a level 2 technician look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamMabanta, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Storage decrease

I'm having a bit of trouble with the fluctuations with the amount of free space on my OS. I already had a live agent and a level 2 technician look at the issue yesterday but the issue still persists. Ever since, I updated Windows on Friday, the amount of free space on my OS went up from 106-109 GB to 137-143 GB. At least, immediately after start up. However, after some time of activating my computer, the GB of free space would gradually start to decrease. It decreased slowly before but now it seems to be decreasing faster as it is already at 139 GB about 10 minutes after start up now. I am aware that the free GB would fluctuate but I noticed it would only be by about 1-2 GB and would go back to the full amount from time to time. Some of the issues that may have been causing it, as explained by the live agent and level 2 technician, may have been due to the OneDrive syncing being unknowingly activated or having the "Hibernate" option activated under the power options. Those have been deactivated but the problem persists.

:)

WilliamMabanta, Apr 15, 2019

2. storage space rapidly decreasing

Thank you very much for responding. I will definitely try your suggestion. I did however want to make a point of the fact that the storage space is Constantly decreasing in size. So even if I find a program taking up space-what could possibly cause it
    to KEEP taking up space? so its not an issue of- a program was installed and is very big taking up a chunk of space-the issue is something is consistently eating away my 1TB hard drive. again-new computer. Thanks for your help.

cjoncooper, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Nokia Lumia 710 Storage Decreasing problem

My Nokia Lumia 710 storage space keeps decreasing. I keep unistalling applications, deleting history it still decreases at some time afterwards. What's the problem and how can i fix it?(i dont want to reset it)

terrol---01, Apr 15, 2019
  4. RonMM_415 Win User

Storage decrease

Decreasing storage space on C:/ drive

Hi Bill Smithers,

Thank you so much for the answer, I used treeseize to find out where the storage was used, and over 70 GB was spent on search index. Stopped the search indexing and now I have 70 GB available and nothing is decreasing Storage decrease :)

RonMM_415, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Storage decrease

1. Storage decrease - Similar Threads - Storage decrease

2. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  3. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  4. My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.: i have got a brand new laptop. the day i got i saw in c drive 130gb empty storage left from 200 gb.after 7 day my c drive space decreased! it lost 8 gb and stoped at 122 gb left from 200gb after one day it lost 1 gb and stoped at 121 gb free from 200gb.now i started watching...
  5. My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.

My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.: i have got a brand new laptop. the day i got i saw in c drive 130gb empty storage left from 200 gb.after 7 day my c drive space decreased! it lost 8 gb and stoped at 122 gb left after one day it lost 1 gb and stoped at 121 gb.now i started watching youtube videos and trying...
  6. PC Storage Decreases when playing a game, then Goes back to its original amount after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Storage Decreases when playing a game, then Goes back to its original amount after...: Hi, I have a Dell G3 3500 with a 1650ti, and 16gb's of computer RAM, and a IntelR CoreTM i5-10300H. When I play any kind of Games, My Storage on my Computer will decrease, If I restart my Computer, It goes back to the amount it was before, and Occasionally after that Storage...
  7. PC Storage Decreases when playing a game, then Goes back to its original amount after...

PC Storage Decreases when playing a game, then Goes back to its original amount after...: Hi, I have a Dell G3 3500 with a 1650ti, and 16gb's of computer RAM, and a IntelR CoreTM i5-10300H. When I play any kind of Games, My Storage on my Computer will decrease, If I restart my Computer, It goes back to the amount it was before, and Occasionally after that Storage...
  8. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  9. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  10. my storage is decreasing and increasing