Windows 10: Storage depleting for no reason

Discus and support Storage depleting for no reason in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is about a year old, and my storage is depleting for no reason at all. I'm not downloading anything that takes up this amount of space, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jawky, May 28, 2022.

1. Jawky Win User

Storage depleting for no reason

My laptop is about a year old, and my storage is depleting for no reason at all. I'm not downloading anything that takes up this amount of space, I don't have any malware on my computer, and I don't have a lot of games on my computer About 3, and even they don't take up a lot of storage and not lot of other storage-consuming files Other than discord and steam It's probably not too big a problem right now, but I just might keep be losing more storage. Why is this happening? Is there anything to fix this?

:)

Jawky, May 28, 2022

2. SSD STORAGE DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY

MY WINDOWS PC IS ACTING WEIRD, EACH TIME I BOOT MY PC. AFTER SEVERAL MINUTE MY SSD STORAGE STARTS
    DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY!

Initially I have 40 GB
    space, but after doing some work on it gets
    up to 15
    GB and after 1 or 2 hrs it goes
    up to 1
    GB. I don't understand why it is happening . plz help

ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 LAPTOP

WINDOWS 10 (BUILD-17134.345) HOME SINGLE

8 GB RAM , 1 TB HDD , 120 GB SSD

I7 7TH GEN , 1050 TI GRAPHICS

WHILE I AM WORKING , THE STORAGE IS AUTOMATICALLY DEPLETING .

Ashwani25387, May 28, 2022
  3. SSD STORAGE DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY

ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 LAPTOP

WINDOWS 10 (BUILD-17134.345) HOME SINGLE

8 GB RAM , 1 TB HDD , 120 GB SSD

I7 7TH GEN , 1050 TI GRAPHICS

WHILE I AM WORKING , THE STORAGE IS AUTOMATICALLY DEPLETING .

Ashwani25387, May 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Storage depleting for no reason - Similar Threads - Storage depleting reason

2. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  3. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  4. Storage depleting for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage depleting for no reason: My laptop is about a year old, and my storage is depleting for no reason at all. I'm not downloading anything that takes up this amount of space, I don't have any malware on my computer, and I don't have a lot of games on my computer About 3, and even they don't take up a lot...
  5. Storage depleting for no reason

Storage depleting for no reason: My laptop is about a year old, and my storage is depleting for no reason at all. I'm not downloading anything that takes up this amount of space, I don't have any malware on my computer, and I don't have a lot of games on my computer About 3, and even they don't take up a lot...
  6. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  7. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  8. My storage is full for no reason !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage is full for no reason !: My C drive is full with no files ! can anyone help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-is-full-for-no-reason/5a1a270f-a9c5-45e4-ad34-745b9331e5cb
  9. Storage keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage keeps filling up for no reason: This is a real problem I am having - Whenever I have about 210 MB left on my hard disk, the storage just fills itself up to like 16.9 MB. I did not save anything or download anything that time. Can someone help? 134743
  10. SSD STORAGE DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD STORAGE DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY: MY WINDOWS PC IS ACTING WEIRD, EACH TIME I BOOT MY PC. AFTER SEVERAL MINUTE MY SSD STORAGE STARTS DEPLETING AUTOMATICALLY! Initially I have 40 GB space, but after doing some work on it gets up to 15 GB and after 1 or 2 hrs it goes up to 1 GB. I don't understand why it is...