Windows 10: storage detection

Discus and support storage detection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a two storage spaces, one 500GB, and 1TB. I've used the 500GB storage for a while but I've finally run out of space. My issue is that I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Max765465, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Max765465 Win User

storage detection

I have a two storage spaces, one 500GB, and 1TB. I've used the 500GB storage for a while but I've finally run out of space. My issue is that I would like to switch where everything is stored from now on over to my 1TB hard drive, and my computer isn't detecting the 1TB hard drive, and as far as I know I have all of the proper cords plugged in. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, or I'm trying to switch the wrong way? its possible my cords aren't plugged in properly, but they seem to work just fine with my other 500GB storage space. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Max765465, Feb 2, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2020
  4. storage detection

Mass Storage Drive is not getting detected under File Explorer option in Windows 10.

Hello Alexandra,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and apologize for the delay in response.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Is the drive visible under Disk management?
    • Does the drive get detected on connecting the same to another PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with Windows 10 operating system on the PC. Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and sometime will fix to enhance the performance
    of the system.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if the device gets detected under
    Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu.
    • Check if WD Elements mass storage drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, check if you can open the files in the
      File Explorer
      by right clicking and selecting Open option form the context menu.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

storage detection

1. storage detection - Similar Threads - storage detection

2. External USB Storage drive not detected in WIn10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB Storage drive not detected in WIn10: Good Day, I have 3 drives installed using Win10 and now want to connect external USB drive but drive is not detected in File Explorer, when I do plug External drive on Laptop it works fine What do I need to enable in Win to detect a 4 drive as C, D and E are all in Use...
  3. External USB Storage drive not detected in WIn10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB Storage drive not detected in WIn10: Good Day, I have 3 drives installed using Win10 and now want to connect external USB drive but drive is not detected in File Explorer, when I do plug External drive on Laptop it works fine What do I need to enable in Win to detect a 4 drive as C, D and E are all in Use...
  4. External USB Storage drive not detected in WIn10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Flashdrive can't be detected as a storage location for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashdrive can't be detected as a storage location for windows 10: I'm trying to create a bootable windows 10 on a flashdrive, but I can only see my hard drives as a place to install windows 10, but can't see my 2 flashdrives as an option, windows can identify my flashdrives when I'm in an explorer. I used and ISO and Rufus to install...
  6. Flashdrive can't be detected as a storage location for windows 10

Flashdrive can't be detected as a storage location for windows 10: I'm trying to create a bootable windows 10 on a flashdrive, but I can only see my hard drives as a place to install windows 10, but can't see my 2 flashdrives as an option, windows can identify my flashdrives when I'm in an explorer. I used and ISO and Rufus to install...
  7. Flashdrive can't be detected as a storage location for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected: My drive should be here but it doesn't show up. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-put-in-a-new-terabyte-storage-drive-but-its/dc42eb9e-2750-40f1-890e-bbe4cef806ad
  9. I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected

I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected: My drive should be here but it doesn't show up. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-put-in-a-new-terabyte-storage-drive-but-its/dc42eb9e-2750-40f1-890e-bbe4cef806ad
  10. no storage detected after windows crash, unable to come past bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no storage detected after windows crash, unable to come past bios: So i was just browsing and windows crashed, at first i kept coming into the automatic repair screen and said '\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt'. I followed a tutorial on YT that said it had a fix but it didn't work and when i tried to reinstall windows it kept getting...