Windows 10: Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

Discus and support Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Joe_0111, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Joe_0111 Win User

Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the storage device missing or disconnected error. I have tried resetting and reinstalling however it usually only gives me the option to reinstall on the C drive which is too small to install onto, with the D and F drive not appearing in the drop down when selecting installation location on the Microsoft store. Also I have tried changing where apps are installed in the settings but it doesn't allow me to change this setting D drive only comes up as

:)

Joe_0111, Jun 1, 2023

2. [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

Hello all,

Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it: [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

Mostly, these are games from within the XBox Beta App (I have an Ultimate Games Pass) But it also applies to apps acquired from the Store (eg Minecraft and EnPass Password Manager). I have tried reinstalling things via the Store and the Xbox apps with no
    success. The only thing that does seem to work correctly is the Whatsapp Desktop app. The XBox Beta App, as well as the Game Bar, seem to run. I'm currently downloading a "new" game through the Xbox Beta app now to see if I get anywhere.

I've tried reinstalling both the games and the XBox Beta app as well as the XBox Game Bar itself on the suggestion of other discussions relating to this topic I've searched for on the web, but I'm not having any luck. The machine is online, there is plenty
    of storage and up until now, everything's been great.

Thanks for your help,

Dav

DavWaldron, Jun 1, 2023
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

When using MS Minesweeper and select a game I get " A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use? " use local

Hi Jimbo0,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why you are getting this error: "A saved game was found in the cloud storage location. Which game would you like to use?" when playing the game Microsoft Minesweeper. To help you resolve this
    concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

1. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F... - Similar Threads - Storage device missing

2. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...: Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the storage device missing or disconnected error. I have tried resetting and reinstalling however it usually only gives me the option...
  3. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...: Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the storage device missing or disconnected error. I have tried resetting and reinstalling however it usually only gives me the option...
  4. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  5. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  6. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to install games on D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install games on D drive: The Microsoft store will not install onto my D drive. I've tried changing the default save location but it tells me that there are apps on the drive and it is unable to delete them. Ive purchased Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 and would really like to install it but the app simply...
  8. Unable to install a game on disk D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install a game on disk D: My drive C is too small to install anything on it. So I want to install a game Forza Horizon 4 that I’ve purchased from Windows Store to my D: drive. However when I click on Install and select the install location, I get nothing. But if I am installing on the C: drive, it...
  9. Game storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game storage: In my storage is 60 GB of games supposedly but when i count it there is nowhere close to that when added up. How do i get rid of these ghosts games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-storage/b2cb4f7b-4a48-4dba-9e0d-3d1ab66ed361"
  10. Gaming and F keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and F keys: Hi there! I got a question, So i play games like most people but this is the first time i'm playing on a laptop (actually it's been a while since then) and my F key's won't work when i'm playing games. Can someone help me please, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series....