Windows 10: Storage Devices

Discus and support Storage Devices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dalton Galloway, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Storage Devices

I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set as the default download location for everything but still when something is downloaded it goes to internal storage and gives me an error.

:)

Dalton Galloway, Sep 13, 2022

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 13, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Storage Devices

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 13, 2022
Thema:

Storage Devices

1. Storage Devices - Similar Threads - Storage Devices

2. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  3. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  4. Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up: it is pretty annoying that this wake up my laptop and make the fan spin, what is this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-enhanced-storage-device-wake-my-laptop-up/90fb3730-2ba7-408d-892c-8adcfa08b5ed
  5. Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up

Unknown enhanced storage device wake my laptop up: it is pretty annoying that this wake up my laptop and make the fan spin, what is this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-enhanced-storage-device-wake-my-laptop-up/90fb3730-2ba7-408d-892c-8adcfa08b5ed
  6. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  7. My device shows wrong storage amount

My device shows wrong storage amount: Hi! My HP computer uses Windows 10 Home, version 19045.3930. I have an issue with my device showing the wrong amount of storage. When I check on this device, it is saying that I have 377GB available. However, when I check my device on diskpart, it only says I have 6144kB...
  8. My device shows wrong storage amount

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...

Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...: Having run this past Googe Bard GB it looks like the only way is to install a lighweight LINUX OS; delete Win. 10 entirely and then create an installer. I'm "clutching at straws" - have done two Re-sets of Win 10 recently but it's often slower than ever e.g. typing out four...
  10. Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install fresh copy of Win. 10 on device with about 3GB of storage free via least elaborate...: Having run this past Googe Bard GB it looks like the only way is to install a lighweight LINUX OS; delete Win. 10 entirely and then create an installer. I'm "clutching at straws" - have done two Re-sets of Win 10 recently but it's often slower than ever e.g. typing out four...