Windows 10: Storage disk D: slow download

Discus and support Storage disk D: slow download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My D: disk keeps getting 0 B/s when I'm downloading something or it goes up to 1 MB/s then goes back down every 10 seconds but when i use my C: disk to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarV901, Feb 18, 2022.

1. MarV901 Win User

Storage disk D: slow download

My D: disk keeps getting 0 B/s when I'm downloading something or it goes up to 1 MB/s then goes back down every 10 seconds but when i use my C: disk to download something it goes at the normal speed and I'm using the same internet too so I just wanted to know if anyone knew a solution to this and they could please tell me how.

:)

MarV901, Feb 18, 2022

2. STORAGE LOCAL DISK(DStorage disk D: slow download :)

I have a Dell laptop that does not have a DVD/R Drive. In Storage there is a LOCAL DISK (DStorage disk D: slow download :) that has 511 MB. The Banner reads 473 MB Used, 37.9 MB Free. When I click on the Storage Usage Tab it shows the type of files as "Other" 456 , "System and Reserved"
    16.1 MB, and "Documents" 24 KB. The banner is red, which I assume means that I will reach my capacity of 511 MB soon.

My regular Hard Drive is 500 GB, which I only use 69 GB, with plenty of space to spare.

What will happen to my computer when the LOCAL DISK reaches capacity(511 MB)?

How do I fix this problem?

JS Airborne, Feb 18, 2022
  3. Download folder is the same as Disk D

Hello, i don't know what happened but why is my download folder connected to disk D, i just want download folder to be inside disk D and not in C, i don't want download folder to be the disk D

LuisLucas2, Feb 18, 2022
  4. Storage disk D: slow download

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

Storage disk D: slow download

1. Storage disk D: slow download - Similar Threads - Storage disk slow

2. Storage Spaces disk access really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces disk access really slow: So been using Windows 11 since launch, with no choice ofcourse well initially there was but that ship has sailed and now cant "Go back" only reinstallAfter the previous update, a 6 disk Storage Spaces Simple setup has come to an issue.All the data is intact and i can use it...
  3. Storage Spaces disk access really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces disk access really slow: So been using Windows 11 since launch, with no choice ofcourse well initially there was but that ship has sailed and now cant "Go back" only reinstallAfter the previous update, a 6 disk Storage Spaces Simple setup has come to an issue.All the data is intact and i can use it...
  4. Storage disk D: slow download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage disk D: slow download: My D: disk keeps getting 0 B/s when I'm downloading something or it goes up to 1 MB/s then goes back down every 10 seconds but when i use my C: disk to download something it goes at the normal speed and I'm using the same internet too so I just wanted to know if anyone knew a...
  5. Storage disk D: slow download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage disk D: slow download: My D: disk keeps getting 0 B/s when I'm downloading something or it goes up to 1 MB/s then goes back down every 10 seconds but when i use my C: disk to download something it goes at the normal speed and I'm using the same internet too so I just wanted to know if anyone knew a...
  6. Disk D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  7. Disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  8. Removal of write protection on disk D (removable storage)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removal of write protection on disk D (removable storage): Hello All, Windows 10 Version: 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 (Added for additional info) I have an interesting situation going on with an SD card I use for additional storage on my laptop. I have a 128 GB Sandisk SD card plugged into my windows 10 laptop at all times for...
  9. Removal of write protection on disk D removable storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removal of write protection on disk D removable storage: Hello All, I have an interesting situation going on with an SD card I use for additional storage on my laptop. I have a 128 GB Sandisk SD card plugged into my windows 10 laptop at all times for additional storage as the pc's internal storage is not great. In order to save...
  10. Download Storage D: driver for lenovo 110s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Storage D: driver for lenovo 110s: where do i go to download D: storage driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-storage-d-driver-for-lenovo-110s/b68d9ef9-53d5-4895-9077-a92b76040bb6