Windows 10: storage disks

Discus and support storage disks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have assigned several storage disks of a vmax emc team towards Hyper-V servers, but I want to know what the disks are or get information in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hmatas9, Sep 26, 2019.

1. hmatas9 Win User

storage disks

I have assigned several storage disks of a vmax emc team towards Hyper-V servers, but I want to know what the disks are or get information in windows to know the id of the disk that belongs to the storage, since I only observe the letter assigned in windows for example the partition z:

:)

hmatas9, Sep 26, 2019

2. How to remove external hard disk from storage pool on Windows 10

Hi Velen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about removing the external hard disk from storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below steps to: Remove a physical disk by using Windows PowerShell
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the command replacing <diskname> with the disk name:

• Set-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname> -Usage Retired
    (If the pool is clustered, you will need to run this command on the cluster node which has the cluster resource for the pool online.)

3. Prior to performing step 5, you must wait for all active repair jobs to complete. To monitor the status of repair jobs, type the following command:
    Get-StorageJob

4. Type the following command: Remove-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname>

5. Physically disconnect the old disk.

For further reference: Storage Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 26, 2019
  4. storage disks

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue storage disks :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

storage disks

1. storage disks - Similar Threads - storage disks

2. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  3. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  4. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...
  5. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...
  6. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

7. Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove": Hi.I have a micro server from HP with a storage pool of 5 hard drives. While all other hard drives show as ok in the storage pool, there's one of the disks with a warning saying "ready to remove". I haven't done anything to trigger that action. When clicking "remove", Windows...
  8. Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove"

Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove": Hi.I have a micro server from HP with a storage pool of 5 hard drives. While all other hard drives show as ok in the storage pool, there's one of the disks with a warning saying "ready to remove". I haven't done anything to trigger that action. When clicking "remove", Windows...
  9. Disk in storage pool showing message as "ready to remove"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. my usb 3.0 harddrive doesnt get reconized as a storage disk, how do i fix it

my usb 3.0 harddrive doesnt get reconized as a storage disk, how do i fix it: so i had a external usb 3.0 harddrive connected to my pc and had it there for awhile, made a storage pool out of it but then i rearanged my pc settup and had to unplug it, now my pc says i cant make any storage pools anymore because i dont have a harddrive connected to my pc...