Windows 10: Storage drive order in software such as task manager

Discus and support Storage drive order in software such as task manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So problem is as follows. my NVME drive which hosts my operation system as well as a second partition, is listed last in all software. So an an example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrysalis, May 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Storage drive order in software such as task manager

So problem is as follows. my NVME drive which hosts my operation system as well as a second partition, is listed last in all software. So an an example it is bottom of task manager, last in drive management and last in crystal diskinfo. I will speculate this is likely due to the drive been added to the install last (migrated from sata ssd install). Is it possible to fix this without reinstalling windows? Link to someone on reddit who had same issue but it got fixed with a feature update (probably because that process reinstalls windows). Creators Update - reordering of M2 SSD? : Windows10

:)

2. Chrysalis Win User

So problem is as follows. my NVME drive which hosts my operation system as well as a second partition, is listed last in all software.

So an an example it is bottom of task manager, last in drive management and last in crystal diskinfo.

I will speculate this is likely due to the drive been added to the install last (migrated from sata ssd install).

Is it possible to fix this without reinstalling windows?

Link to someone on reddit who had same issue but it got fixed with a feature update (probably because that process reinstalls windows).

Creators Update - reordering of M2 SSD? : Windows10

3. Megahertz Win User

On Disk Manager, I think the rule is SATA drives are listed first then PCIe, removable drives and last is ODD.

4. Chrysalis Win User

I see the bit you are talking about the top box, ironically my C: drive is top in that list, my issue however is in the bottom box where it says disk 1, disk 2, etc.

My nvme drive is disk 6, the only drive that's higher numbered is my usb stick.

Thema:

1. Storage drive order in software such as task manager - Similar Threads - Storage drive order

2. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  3. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Found highly suspicious software in Task manager: [IMG] So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post. So I was searching through the...
  4. Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: Recently, this just fails to start ... Is there a way of getting it to run properly???? Or are there any alternatives for this application???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/87c334c0-6c07-4883-adc0-c7fdf0cbb6e8
  5. Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open. 133311
  6. Windows 10 - separate storage drives for software and data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - separate storage drives for software and data: I recently bought a PC with Windows Pro, built from an Intel NUC 8i7 with a fast 512GB NVME SSD and a 1TB HHD, intending to use the SSD for software and other high-access files, and the HDD for normal data. It came yesterday with everything set up on the NVMe SSD as the C:...
  7. task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task Manager: Im in my task manager and I have like 6 Google chrome and Don't understand why all of those would be running using memory. can I end them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/632abd16-12a2-494d-883c-f154c772ccae
  8. task manager

task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  9. Task bar task order inconsistant

Task bar task order inconsistant: I keep several Icons in a certain order (one Click Programs) on the task bar. One of the Icons when executed replaces the Icon with the running task. Others keep the icon where it is and create a new Icon for the running task at the end of the list. How do I make it so it...
  10. TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER: When I open Task Manager I get the following: APPS (1) BACKGROUND PROCESSES (75) WINDOWS PROCESS (98) I have no idea what all these processes are nor how they got there. I had Windows 10 on my previous computer, never saw such larger number of processes running. I'm...