Windows 10: Storage Drive Question

Discus and support Storage Drive Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All Thinking of upgrading the storage drive in my main PC probably either at Christmas or Birthday in February, Might invest in a higher quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Storage Drive Question

Hi All

Thinking of upgrading the storage drive in my main PC probably either at Christmas or Birthday in February, Might invest in a higher quality power supply first, then upgraded storage drive, and then think all set

Might Choose at the moment a Seagate 2tb drive, I figure that would work fine with my Western Digital 250gb SSD, or I can choose a Western Digital Storage drive as well, possibly Western Digital black 2tb if not too expensive lol

Might reconfigure my older system as spare Windows 10 System in the future

Overall very happy with my newer system, nice and fast and running great at the moment

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 29, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Increasing Available RAM for Windows 7

You're asking two different questions. RAM is the memory, hard drive is the storage. Is Zune complaining about not enough storage space to create a backup?

Entegy, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Sam___ Win User
    Does Windows 10 Storage Spaces NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory express) Drives?

Hi Robert. The reason you cannot configure Storage Spaces is because your C:\ is a boot volume. In order to configure a Storage Space you will need an entire additional drive. If you would like to use the resiliency features of Storage Spaces you need to
    attach a minimum of 2 drives. In terms of drive interface support, they are all supported and Storage Spaces can use any drives that are accessible to Windows 10. Please note that drives will need to be free of data. I hope this answers your question.

Sam___, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

Storage Drive Question

Sounds like a plan. *Smile Did you have a question or just looking for opinions?

Winuser, Oct 29, 2017
  5. Well Question is If it's Possible to Clone my current storage drive onto the newer 2TB one? I know i'll need a 3.5 inch enclosure to usb 3.1 or 3.0 to do that as no more room inside to put anymore drives

Or is it better if I do a clean install when I get the newer storage drive?

AMDMan2016, Oct 29, 2017
  6. RQT
    rqt Win User
    When changing over storage drives you can just copy from one drive to another - no cloning required.

There is no need to do any kind of re-install when replacing a storage drive.

7. Ohh excellent perfect, now just to get enclosure that works well to place storage drive temporarily the newer one, to do the file transfer, and perfect.

I do have enclosure now, but it disconnects a lot for some reason, probably cause I got a darn cheap one that doesnt' work so well lol

AMDMan2016, Oct 30, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Storage Drive Question

Personally I think if your going from an HD to an SSD, it might be best to copy rather than clone because of different media types.

swarfega, Oct 30, 2017
  9. SSD is my boot drive, storage drive is all might replace in future to a larger one possibly, from 1tb to 2tb thinking

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Storage Drive Question

1. Storage Drive Question - Similar Threads - Storage Drive Question

2. Storage question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage question: Hey I'm Joey, I have an BR1100FKA Asus Computer and I don't too many apps downloaded but somehow I basically have all of my storage used up somehow! I can't figure it out why is my storage almost all used up, I don't have hardly any photos downloaded, or music files, or even...
  3. Storage question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage question: Hey I'm Joey, I have an BR1100FKA Asus Computer and I don't too many apps downloaded but somehow I basically have all of my storage used up somehow! I can't figure it out why is my storage almost all used up, I don't have hardly any photos downloaded, or music files, or even...
  4. Storage question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage in question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage in question: Im not able to save or download anything in my storage drive since it is already full. I dont know what cause of this but as of the moment Im seeing full storage and I dont know what to delete. I almost remove everything but still not going down. I run disk cleanup and delete...
  6. Storage in question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage in question: Im not able to save or download anything in my storage drive since it is already full. I dont know what cause of this but as of the moment Im seeing full storage and I dont know what to delete. I almost remove everything but still not going down. I run disk cleanup and delete...
  7. Storage in question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. storage question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    storage question: I have an Asus Z97-A Motherboard and was wondering, if this SSD would work on it? also, would it be an upgrade to the 2.5" Kingston 240 GB ssd I'm using now? This type of drive is new to me Thanks! SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Internal SSD - Newegg.com Z97-A |...
  9. Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Flash drive and storage utilities: Does anyone know of any application that is GUI based that can feature all "Diskpart's" functions (especially the "clean" command)? submitted by /u/jesseinsf [link] [comments]...
  10. Storage Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Question: I have a question. I just got this Avgo laptop/tablet. It was open box' and I have Windows 10. It's supposed to be like new. But now it's giving me a message that the storage is almost full. How can tat be when I just got it? It's Windows that's telling me that storage is...