Windows 10: Storage Drive shows wrong size

Discus and support Storage Drive shows wrong size in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a storage drive consiting of 2 x 4 tb drives in a spanned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daveb47, Jun 2, 2021.

1. daveb47 Win User

Storage Drive shows wrong size

Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a storage drive consiting of 2 x 4 tb drives in a spanned array.Should show 7.2 tb but only shows 3.64 tb. any way to fix this please

:)

daveb47, Jun 2, 2021
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jun 2, 2021
  3. locked Win User
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

Storage Drive shows wrong size [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

Storage Drive shows wrong size [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Jun 2, 2021
  4. locked Win User

Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

many thanks for the suggestions. I have looked through and sadly none help. I have even does a fresh windows install (keeping data).

Searches for the problem show many hits but most are where the total storage size is correct but there is high use of the storage. The problem here is the storage size in settings shows as double the size of the C partition. I have found a few hits but no solution so hoping there may be some other suggestions here?

locked, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Storage Drive shows wrong size - Similar Threads - Storage Drive shows

2. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  3. Storage Setting shows Wrong Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Setting shows Wrong Information: Hi I am user windows 10.I have a lenovo ideapad i7Recently I encountered an problem that is So Irritating.In this screenshot the drive is corrupted and I dont know how to fix it. Well, I have 180 space free why it is full, and I can't access to administrative parts and can't...
  4. Storage Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Size: My storage space only has a total of 120 GB. Does my computer just have low storage or is something going on? Even a Windows 7 Computer has 900 GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-size/5d0edb6e-646d-4dd8-9867-440eb864238e
  5. Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information

Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information: Mine C drive where windows is pre-installed by OEM i.e. 256 GB SSD is shown 475 GB in the settings!!! How to correct this???--Few Imgs to describe the issue better Check the C Drive:THANK YOU...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Storage Setting showing wrong disk size information: Mine C drive where windows is pre-installed by OEM i.e. 256 GB SSD is shown 475 GB in the settings!!! How to correct this???--Few Imgs to describe the issue better Check the C Drive:THANK YOU...
  7. One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage

One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage: My One Drive Folder is empty except for the shortcut Amarnath's Notebook in the Document Folder. Yet the One Drive is showing 2 gigabytes used storage out of the 5 gigabytes free storage. Why so?...
  8. USB or External Drive shows wrong size or incorrect capacity

in Windows 10 News
    USB or External Drive shows wrong size or incorrect capacity: [ATTACH]Sometimes, when you attempt to format a USB or an External drive, it shows […] This article USB or External Drive shows wrong size or incorrect capacity first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?: So I recently moved all the data from an external hard drive to my laptop so I could install windows on it and fix my (other) laptop. It worked, I fixed it all is fine except one thing. I can't move everything back to that hard drive. I cleared everything on it from the...
  10. File sizes not showing in settings storage.

File sizes not showing in settings storage.: I am going through my storage to see whats taking up all the room so I can delete some stuff and I keep coming across games that don't have a size next to them. Most of these are from games on Steam and they used to show how much space they took up. Is this a serious issue or...