Windows 10: Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install

Discus and support Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; FIrst post here guys. So I just done a fresh w10 install from an old one as it had been a while and was slowing down alot. So i done my fresh install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by waqasr, Jun 23, 2020.

1. waqasr Win User

Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install

FIrst post here guys. So I just done a fresh w10 install from an old one as it had been a while and was slowing down alot. So i done my fresh install. Huge noob mistake that I didnt disconnect my storage drive (3tb sata). Now in my computer I saw my other storage drives, but my 3b western digital drive was showing up as 931gb and empty, I mistakenly transferred some data to it aswell.

After a while of installing programs I went to check on my 3tb drive and thats when I realised in explorer i shows as 931gb and the rest of the space is unallocated.

I can say with 100% certainty I did not wipe or erase my storage drive by accident, The data should be there untouched but for some reason the drive is now showing up as 1tb and rest unallocated. I currently have minitool running.

Is there anything else I can do? Surely windows has gone wrong somewhere or something is missing for this to happen.

:)

waqasr, Jun 23, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How did I wipe a disconnected drive while performing a fresh install?

Hi codyfarris

From your description, that drive was connected, when you were wiping partitions from the other drive, is it possible you accidentally wiped that deive as well, it is the logical conclusion

What method did you use to wipe those partitions, did you use Diskpart - list volume. Diskpart list disk or some other commands?

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2020
  3. [After drive-wipe/format and fresh/clean install] Windows 10 is still so slow and sometimes would be unresponsive.

How did you create your fresh/clean install with drive-wipe/format? You must have used some media AFTER the drive-wipe?

Computerabber, Jun 23, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10

System Settings, Update & Security, Restore and then choose Reset this PC. If you had private information on it, suggest to do a drive wipe and fresh install.

bro67, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install - Similar Threads - Storage Drive Wiped

2. Accidentally wiped my OS drive while installing fresh window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally wiped my OS drive while installing fresh window: Ok so what actually happened was I was trying to install a fresh window because there were basic options which I couldn't use such as "reset". It always says "This pc has run into an error" while reseting. So I followed a trusted guide and followed these stepsStep 1 :...
  3. Accidentally wiped my OS drive while installing fresh window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally wiped my OS drive while installing fresh window: Ok so what actually happened was I was trying to install a fresh window because there were basic options which I couldn't use such as "reset". It always says "This pc has run into an error" while reseting. So I followed a trusted guide and followed these stepsStep 1 :...
  4. Accidentally wiped my OS drive while installing fresh window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives: Last Friday, now Wednesday I was working on my machine, looked away then I noticed windows at a 24% install. Hmm. When I let it finish, Cortana started asking all the new install questions which really made me start to worry. Sure enough after clicking through, with no option...
  6. Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives: Last Friday, now Wednesday I was working on my machine, looked away then I noticed windows at a 24% install. Hmm. When I let it finish, Cortana started asking all the new install questions which really made me start to worry. Sure enough after clicking through, with no option...
  7. Windows updated to a fresh install, wiped all data from attached drives

8. Missing a drive and storage after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing a drive and storage after fresh installation: Hi, i recently had to install a fresh copy of windows 10 through a usb onto my device, and as i was Installing my old software i realised that i don't have a D drive anymore but just a C drive of 930 GB. Before i had a D drive of 930GB and a C drive of another 200GB, where...
  9. How did I wipe a disconnected drive while performing a fresh install?

How did I wipe a disconnected drive while performing a fresh install?: So I just installed a new motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had my flash drive ready for a fresh install of windows 10 and ran into an issue that I had to clean my ssd from dos. There were about 6 different partitions showing on the select where to install windows so to ensure I...
  10. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...