Windows 10: storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera

Discus and support storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to transfer files from Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to Windows 8.1 using USB connection. Using my phone I can see videos but using windows I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JJ JayBird, Aug 2, 2022.

1. storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera

I want to transfer files from Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to Windows 8.1 using USB connection. Using my phone I can see videos but using windows I don't show any files in the DCIM folder although I have show hidden files on. Using file manager on my phone, I can see the files are at storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera but how do I access them?I would try just uploading them to the cloud but I no longer have any browser that is supported. Unfortunately I uninstalled most apps too so can't attach them to email files, for example.Thanks in advance.

:)

JJ JayBird, Aug 2, 2022
  2. HEM
    HeM Win User

Explorer connect to Android device directory /storage/emulated/0

Even if you modify USB settings as @bro67 mentioned, WinExplorer cannot see /storage/emulated/0/ as it is, but as I've already described, as the first level/screen when you open "Internal Storage". You cannot see "emulated" or "storage" directory because they are hidden. You can see only "0" directory as "Internal Storage" in WinExplorer and in Android too.
    So, /storage/emulated/0/ = Internal Storage.
    WinExplorer and Android common explorer cannot see protected/hidden Android areas.

Description of your problem is a little bit confusing. Do you see your phone directories (folders & files) in WinExplorer? If so, better post screenshot(s). If not, follow what @bro67 suggests.

3. HEM
    HeM Win User

/storage/emulated/0/ is not on your SD card.
    /storage/emulated/0/ is on your phone memory(ROM), named "Internal Storage".
    If you don't know how to access Internal storage on your phone you may read this:
    How to use the Android Oreo built-in file manager - TechRepublic

Opening my Android 6 phone in WinExplorer, I can see two directories : Internal Storage and SD card.

storage\emulatedalt=

Opening Internal Storage, I am actually in /storage/emulated/0/

storage\emulatedalt=

I don't know how Android 8 appears in WinExplorer and I hope there is no big difference.

4. philart Win User

storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera

>What I've understood: OP looks for /storage/emulated/0/ address (folder inside a folder) in Windows File Explorer and he cannot find it. Perhaps a misunderstanding.

Indeed,
    On the Android phone, the param of an app says to store the data on /storage/emulated/0/<app name>
    And within that directory I have a collection of files

I wish from Win10 Explorer to connect to my Android phone and copy some files from /storage/emulated/0/<app name>/<file_name> on to my pc hdd.

The issue is that from Win10 Explorer I do not see this directory structure /storage/emulated/0/<app name>/ both on the SD card and on the Android phone itself.

P.S. In the app, it seems I can't specify another directory

philart, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

storage\emulated\0\dcim\camera