Windows 10: Storage external HD

Discus and support Storage external HD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded the window10 installation disk in my Hard Disk-external, thereafter I could not see my other files on the drive and the display size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M K Sinha 26, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Storage external HD

I downloaded the window10 installation disk in my Hard Disk-external, thereafter I could not see my other files on the drive and the display size of the disk is showing 40GB, the Original size of the disk is 1TB. How could I reover my HD? I have delated downloaded window 10 installation files.

:)

M K Sinha 26, Dec 2, 2018

2. W10 with "Storage Spaces" and external HD

After the latest update, when I plug in an external HD it gets renamed to something like "Test to check for updating to W10"and I get a report of storage problems. The HD has my system backups on it but they are not available, there is a random selection
    of my files showing in explorer.

Google shows others have similar problems. The common factors seem to be: W10 creators, Storage Spaces and an external HD.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnRussell200, Dec 2, 2018
  3. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Storage external HD

EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Storage external HD

1. Storage external HD - Similar Threads - Storage external

2. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  3. My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My External SSD has decreased its storage capacity.: Two years ago, I purchased an external solid-state drive with 16 TB storage capacity. One day, I tried to update my driver through Device Manager, but it converted into a ChipsBnk Flash Reader USB Device and decreased the storage capacity to just 55.6 GB. I cannot find any...
  4. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  5. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  6. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. acer Aspire Switch 10V SW4-014-EE1 error "please insert the external storage media and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer Aspire Switch 10V SW4-014-EE1 error "please insert the external storage media and...: Hi, i have recently completely reset my acer Aspire Switch 10V and since then when I turn it on the screen is black and an error message comes up saying please insert external storage media and press OK. I have inserted a 64GB SD but even when I press OK nothing happens the...
  8. acer Aspire Switch 10V SW4-014-EE1 error "please insert the external storage media and...

acer Aspire Switch 10V SW4-014-EE1 error "please insert the external storage media and...: Hi, i have recently completely reset my acer Aspire Switch 10V and since then when I turn it on the screen is black and an error message comes up saying please insert external storage media and press OK. I have inserted a 64GB SD but even when I press OK nothing happens the...
  9. acer Aspire Switch 10V SW4-014-EE1 error "please insert the external storage media and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. external storage

external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2