Windows 10: Storage File C and D

Discus and support Storage File C and D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Apologies my understanding of Windows 10 is not what it should be !! My C Drive is full and I have done everything requested to free up space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anthonywhalley, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Storage File C and D

Hi,

Apologies my understanding of Windows 10 is not what it should be !!

My C Drive is full and I have done everything requested to free up space but it has had little effect I bought some extra space on my D Drive a couple of months back and thought this would resolve the problem as I could move Files from C to D but the system will not allow me to move anything over just say I have to get System Acceptance not sure what this means.

We are trying to back up an I Phone that is being replaced later today but we are unable to perform this task.

Your Urgent help would be appreciated please.

Tony Whalley

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

anthonywhalley, Oct 3, 2019
  2. silvanasp Win User

partitioning C: D: drives

Question

• Storage File C and D [​IMG]

Applies to

0 views partitioning c and d drives

SI

asked on

can anyone explain why my d drive has 759 GB

and my c drive 239 GB

is there any logical reason for this type of partitioning?

i back up to G drive - external drive.

What can i do with D drive, how can i utilize this 759 GB of space?

You had this question

silvanasp, Oct 3, 2019
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card

Found this on the community site. You can merge the existing C & D drive partition without any third party tools. Here are the steps: Assume D is just a data partition and doesn't contain the page file, boot files or a second operating system. If so, merge the partition by removing D and extending C, as follows:
    1. Back up to and external devise any important data on D, optional, move the same important data from D to C.
    2. Right click computer >Manage >Storage>Disk Management, then right click the graphic of the D partition an select Delete. The partition returns to Unallocated for a Primary Partition or free space if it's a Logical Diver within an Extended Partition. Delete the partition if it is a extended partition.
    3. Now right click the graphic of the C partition and select Extend.

My D drive as stated before is an SD card, no page file, boot files or a second os. 16mb unallocated 58.23gb ex fat healthy (primary partition). Trying to enlarge C: on a Nextbook tablet.

Does anyone see a problem with this method?

gabbydgar, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Storage File C and D

Drive D attributes and file management

I am attempting to copy my data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) to the D drive to free up space on C. I changed the default setting to D under Settings-Storage-Change where new content is saved. I then opened File Explorer and moved a directory from C
    to D. It moved the files, but now all directories, subdirectories and files are read-only. I have tried to uncheck the read-only box under properties, but to no avail. Any suggestions...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

MarkDavis_503, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Storage File C and D

1. Storage File C and D - Similar Threads - Storage File

2. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  3. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  4. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to recover files deleted from a OneDrive account that was out of storage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover files deleted from a OneDrive account that was out of storage...: Hello. One night I got frustrated with navigating around OneDrive and wanted to move all my files from "Desktop" within the C drive C:\Users\name to the actual desktop on my computer. Stupidly I dragged the folders over from the C drive to the desktop and saw them move. Then...
  6. Is there a way to recover files deleted from a OneDrive account that was out of storage...

Is there a way to recover files deleted from a OneDrive account that was out of storage...: Hello. One night I got frustrated with navigating around OneDrive and wanted to move all my files from "Desktop" within the C drive C:\Users\name to the actual desktop on my computer. Stupidly I dragged the folders over from the C drive to the desktop and saw them move. Then...
  7. My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...: I have stored files of nearly 20-25GB in my D drive. The total capacity is 122 GB. However, there is no space left in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-and-d-drives-storage-is-full-even-though-i/986a78dd-f640-430c-b041-43b032c79e90
  8. My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...

My C and D drives' storage is full even though I have not stored large files. Is there a...: I have stored files of nearly 20-25GB in my D drive. The total capacity is 122 GB. However, there is no space left in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-and-d-drives-storage-is-full-even-though-i/986a78dd-f640-430c-b041-43b032c79e90
  9. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...
  10. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...