Windows 10: Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access?

Discus and support Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access by a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seanmathis1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access?

from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access by a user

:)

seanmathis1, Feb 4, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 4, 2020
  3. create storage pool

I had a USB storage device that became damaged and unserviceable attached to my laptop I had a storage pool with this storage device . I deleted the storage device and did the necessary steps that i know to unattached the device from the memory. I plugged
    in a new storage device and tried to create a new storage pool. I keep getting the error r unable to create because it is being used by other apps.

RussellGlidewell, Feb 4, 2020
  4. ColMac Win User

Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access?

Cannot access Storage Space

I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer.

Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated.

I now have the following situation. The 2 drives in the storage space are the ones shown as 931.5GB (or Disk 4 in the Management image). (it was originally set up as 10Tb but only 2 x 2tb physical disks initially)

Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access? [​IMG]

Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access? [​IMG]

Any suggestions as to whether I can correct this. Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access?

1. Storage: from an administrators perspective what is necessary to prepare storage device for access? - Similar Threads - Storage administrators perspective

2. Administrator unable to access storage to make changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator unable to access storage to make changes: Administrator access to make changes to storage is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-unable-to-access-storage-to-make/1f84c28f-e00d-4b1e-906c-9f6a162cd291
  3. Administrator unable to access storage to make changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator unable to access storage to make changes: Administrator access to make changes to storage is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-unable-to-access-storage-to-make/1f84c28f-e00d-4b1e-906c-9f6a162cd291
  4. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  5. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  6. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  7. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  8. Access Denied To External Storage Device

9. Accessing files on a network storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files on a network storage device: I can´t access files from my network storage from one of my surface book win 10 pro though I can from my older surface win 10 by right click on the device and choosing set public connection. How can I do the same with Win Pro?Thx for any help...
  10. Storage spaces preparing for removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces preparing for removal: Im running my media pc with storage spaced but 1 of my 500 GB drives failed so time to replace so got a 3tb drive and added it to my pool then left to optimize but 10.8% later the new drive failed *Sad having 2 drives fail took the whole storage pool away leaving me without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is necessary to prepare a storage device for access by a user.