Windows 10: Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data)

Discus and support Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SteveCNTower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13u308l/storage_full_even_though_its_not_example/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SteveCNTower, May 28, 2023.

1. Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data)

/u/SteveCNTower, May 28, 2023
  2. Bree Win User

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Looks like you are on version 1803. I have just checked on an 1803 system and can confirm that the contents of your Downloads folder are included in the total size of 'Temporary files' even though they do not appear in the list of locations you can clear. So it looks like your 'missing' 3.7xGB will be found in your Downloads folder.

Starting with version 1809, the populated list when you left click on Temporary files now includes your Downloads folder.

Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data) 221731d1548123837t-settings-system-storage-local-storage-temporary-files-image.png

3. Turn off cloud storage

Thank you for providing screenshot. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 28, 2023
  4. Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data)

Is this amount of Data writen normal for a SSD?

I don't use SSD, since I heard that SSD has a very limited time for writes. And every time, you write something, it erases whole piece and write again together with the new to storage. Tip also suggests us to leave 1/4 SSD space for temporary storage. Or trouble will come.
    Tips also recommend us to leave SSD for OS, and HDD for programs and data.
    If your data is OS data, then there is nothing to do.

FrankBarrera, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data)

1. Storage full even though its not (example: Temporary data) - Similar Threads - Storage full though

2. low pc volume even though its on 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low pc volume even though its on 100%: Hello, My pc volume is extremely low even though everything is on 100% when I check it in the control panel everything is normal and on 100%. I'm currently using a 500% audio boost but its still very little sound. I've seen multiple YouTube videos on how to fix this but...
  3. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space: My local disk keeps changing it's memory every minute or 2.This has been going on for 1 month and I tried everything. I would appreciate any help....
  4. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space: My local disk keeps changing it's memory every minute or 2.This has been going on for 1 month and I tried everything. I would appreciate any help....
  5. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. compatible TPM Cannot be found even though its ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compatible TPM Cannot be found even though its ON: So I was trying to open Valorant like last month and got a message saying "This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0 and Secure Boot to be Enable" so I enabled it, but it still said the error, I know this isn't Valorant support but its a problem I have to tell. So I'm...
  7. compatible TPM Cannot be found even though its ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compatible TPM Cannot be found even though its ON: So I was trying to open Valorant like last month and got a message saying "This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0 and Secure Boot to be Enable" so I enabled it, but it still said the error, I know this isn't Valorant support but its a problem I have to tell. So I'm...
  8. OneDrive keeps telling me my storage is full even though it's not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive keeps telling me my storage is full even though it's not.: I have over 300gb of space, but it keeps telling me my storage is full. I think I even duplicated the file trying to save it elsewhere. submitted by /u/GQManOfTheYear [link] [comments]...
  9. Storage Space Full even though I don;t have any files saved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space Full even though I don;t have any files saved: Dear community, My surface laptop 2 storage has run out just on system updates alone and now I can't even open a word document. To free up space I've tried to uninstall all the updates but the storage is still full. I don't have any large files on the local drive and I only...
  10. My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not: Hi, I have an Acer Swift Laptop (Model Name: SF315-51G) I have been struggling with the storage management on it for sometime now and am constantly confused. My laptop has 2 storage locations and it tells me its full because the 'This PC (C:) 119- GB' is completely full...