Windows 10: Storage HDD causes system freeze.

Discus and support Storage HDD causes system freeze. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Storage HDD causes system freeze.

Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing something from the disk and I can hear the drive noise at the same time. This does not usually cause a system hang so is something wrong with the disk or OS?

:)

Kol12, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Data Storage

Hi,

If the hard disk drive (HDD) that was set as your preferred storage when saving files isn’t working, it’s possible that a software conflict occurred or the HDD encountered an issue. To isolate your concern with your
    device storage, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• Did you make any other changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you encountered an error message when you tried saving or moving files to your HDD? If yes, please provide us a
      screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode.
    This will help us determine if there are third-party applications that may cause the issue. Once you’re in the basic state, try to move or save a file to the HDD and check the result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested step.

Louie Del, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Storage HDD causes system freeze. - Similar Threads - Storage HDD causes

2. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  3. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  4. HDD Storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD Storage: I was wondering why my 1Tb hard drive has only 931gb, i ruled out that it wasnt because of my os because thats on a seperate drive. Does any one know? submitted by /u/NotCaidzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v12gjo/hdd_storage/
  5. System Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Storage: The only two games I have on my pc are Apex and Fortnite, I have spent the last 30 minutes deleting everything I don't need to download Rainbow Six Siege. I have had this game before. My pc says I'm using 178GB out of 222 despite this. Why is my computer using SO MUCH...
  6. Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage: is it necessary to buy a new windows 10 product key when I upgrade my HDD storage into SDD storage or my original windows 10 product key was included too when I do cloning?...
  7. External HDD causes whole system to be very unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD causes whole system to be very unresponsive: I have 3 drives, 1 nvme ssd[boot]. One sata ssd and one hdd. Whenever the hdd is under full load, the system becomes unusable though cpu is at 1% load and 29gb ram available. Why is windows prioritizing the drive in such a way that I cant use the system (task manager took...
  8. Storage setup with a SSD and HDD

Storage setup with a SSD and HDD: Hi I have just purchased an HP Pavillion Desktop with a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD, I have initialised windows, choosing to use OneDrive for backup and storage I have 1TB cloud storage with 365 and also updated windows and drivers. I have not transferred any data from my old pc...
  9. Storage pool with hdd and ssd

Storage pool with hdd and ssd: Hello I have made a what I think is a pretty sick gaming pc but its slow because of the hdd and I don't have any ssds big enough to suit my needs so I'm wondering if I can make a storage pool that will have the os on the ssd as well as my games that I use the most on there...
  10. System freeze every 26 hours, Windows Defender causes system freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freeze every 26 hours, Windows Defender causes system freezing: Hi Guys, This really hit me badly. Hope I can get some ideas from all of you! I had this mystery for several months now. a production server appears to be freezing every 26 hours. during the freezing, I can not RD to it, IIS sites hosted on it are not responding. the...