Windows 10: Storage HDD causes system freeze.

Discus and support Storage HDD causes system freeze. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Storage HDD causes system freeze.

Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing something from the disk and I can hear the drive noise at the same time. This does not usually cause a system hang so is something wrong with the disk or OS?

:)

Kol12, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Data Storage

Hi,

If the hard disk drive (HDD) that was set as your preferred storage when saving files isn’t working, it’s possible that a software conflict occurred or the HDD encountered an issue. To isolate your concern with your
    device storage, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• Did you make any other changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you encountered an error message when you tried saving or moving files to your HDD? If yes, please provide us a
      screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode.
    This will help us determine if there are third-party applications that may cause the issue. Once you’re in the basic state, try to move or save a file to the HDD and check the result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested step.

Louie Del, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Storage HDD causes system freeze. - Similar Threads - Storage HDD causes

2. system storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system storage: hello, so my PC had been crashing recently, a lot. after fixing this i realised whilst looking through files i had found hundreds of files in folders called: found.000 found.001 found.002 found.003 found.004 found.005 found.006 found.007 these folders are full of...
  3. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  4. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  5. HDD system disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD system disk: after upgrade from windows 10 PRO 64bit English ver 1709 to 1803 upgrade failed 3 times turned off Norton internet security and 1803 installed how ever disk set is now 1 partition EFI 100MB empty C: partition OS partition 4 476MB NTFS OEM partition, partition 5 450MB NTFS OEM...
  6. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  7. How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?: Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ? 49914
  8. Relocating System Storage Folders

Relocating System Storage Folders: I'm currently running an SSD drive for my operating system. It's only 120 GB and what to do is move the storage folders (ie, My Music, My Videos, My Documents, etc etc etc) to another drive to reduce strain on the SSD Drive. As we all know SSD Drives can be fickle, but so...
  9. System freezing

System freezing: Hi guys, I've got a desktop of around 5 years old that is now freezing for no apparent reason. It's recently been upgraded with a new 1TB SSD. At first I thought maybe the SSD was the issue however after a fresh install of Windows 10 the problem still is happening. I...
  10. System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    System and compressed memory CPU increase causes video freeze: I've tried searching online for solutions but haven't found any. I noticed that when watching videos online such as youtube or netflix, it would randomly freeze for a split second then go back to normally playing, and sound doesn't seem to be affected. When I have task...