Windows 10: STORAGE IN C DRIVE

Discus and support STORAGE IN C DRIVE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LUCKY-SINGH, Apr 15, 2021.

1. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

Hi ,

My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with antivirus no virus found and and done disk clean up but it doesn't help and also done optimisation nothing happens and storage is reducing how to increase space in my pc and also I want to increase speed of my pc it is too slow and hangs sommetime.

:)

LUCKY-SINGH, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Apr 15, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Apr 15, 2021
  4. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

STORAGE IN C DRIVE

1. STORAGE IN C DRIVE - Similar Threads - STORAGE DRIVE

2. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  3. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  6. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  7. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  9. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  10. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...