Windows 10: Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents

Discus and support Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I reset the the default savings function so that it goes directly to C: as opposed to sub-files? I'm trying to get away from duplicate files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rob###, Dec 9, 2019.

1. rob### Win User

Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents

How do I reset the the default savings function so that it goes directly to C: as opposed to sub-files? I'm trying to get away from duplicate files, such as Word Docs, in both C: and the Documents sub-file. The problem I found was where the most recent files could be found, and how to free up memory.

:)

rob###, Dec 9, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    sub Folder for outlook

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Where are you trying to create a sub folder is it on mail app or other application?
    If it is mail app, unfortunately there is no option to create a sub folder in Mail app, I would suggest you to share your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Arul_D, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents

sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents

1. Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents - Similar Threads - Storage Sub folder

2. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?: Hello,I have a subfolder in my Documents folder I don't want synching. It is a fault location from some code that downloads big datasets I don't need to store.But when I try to unselect the folder, I get this:Can't stop syncing folder - the folder you tried to unselect...
  3. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?: Hello,I have a subfolder in my Documents folder I don't want synching. It is a fault location from some code that downloads big datasets I don't need to store.But when I try to unselect the folder, I get this:Can't stop syncing folder - the folder you tried to unselect...
  4. OS C: Vs This computer folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS C: Vs This computer folder: Hi - I've recently updated my PC and have a couple of questions about where files are stored. I want to make sure I have a local copy of files which are accessible even when I don't have internet access. 1 is OS C: local the same as a C drive? 2 the local "copy" of my files...
  5. OS C: Vs This computer folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS C: Vs This computer folder: Hi - I've recently updated my PC and have a couple of questions about where files are stored. I want to make sure I have a local copy of files which are accessible even when I don't have internet access. 1 is OS C: local the same as a C drive? 2 the local "copy" of my files...
  6. I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer: I am setting up libraries in Windows 10 version 1909. In Windows 7 I had 4 top-level folder locations in my Documents library, most have subfolders. When I view my Document library in Windows 7 File Explorer, I display using Detail view, grouped and sorted by modified date....
  7. Creating new non-synching storage folder for documents on C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating new non-synching storage folder for documents on C: drive: Hello: I've recently synched all my documents in my Documents directory with OneDrive. This changed the pathway of all files/folders there from C:\Users\Username\Documents to C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Documents I don't wish to synchronize all my document folders. Just...
  8. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  9. Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...: What is the difference (content) between the folders Documents, Pictures, etc. in c:\Users\[username] and same named folders under c:\Users\[username]\OneDrive? Why aren't the contents the same?...
  10. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents: I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system search and it does not pop up, although two sub folders pop up, but they are both empty. What on earth has happened!!?...