Windows 10: Storage Increase

Discus and support Storage Increase in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get more gigobytes for my storage? They say I am exceeding the 50 gigobytes I pay 6.99 a month for on windows 7. I have upgraded to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanDrake Bakke, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Storage Increase

How do I get more gigobytes for my storage? They say I am exceeding the 50 gigobytes I pay 6.99 a month for on windows 7. I have upgraded to windows 10 now. I also have a new card. They wont be able to charge me now. I need to get more gigobytes? Please help. My phone number is 702-737-6068. Just got ripped off by some Indian guys. It was awful. Please I need real techs who work for Microsoft.Title must be 2 to 200 characters long.

:)

JanDrake Bakke, Jul 23, 2021
  2. mcw1260 Win User

Increasing Temorary File Storage

I went to the link in Francis 96 reply. I had already been there and done that. The increase in storage, as Francis noted, has occurred since this summer. I have no photos on the phone. I deleted all the games and most of the apps that came with the phone.
    Aside from the app from the Carrier, I've not downloaded any other apps. I have Word and Excel files. But, these are not temporary files and are accounted for in storage sense in another classification. I keep Data Sense setting on High.

So, should I assume that the Temporary Files (wouldn't it be great if I could get a list of these!) will keep expanding?

Prior to the last update the Temporary Files would decrease in real numbers, not just the rate of increase. Buying more storage as the link suggests does not make sense. Why can't the Temporary Files be deleted and I delete them?

mcw1260, Jul 23, 2021
  3. j_007_k Win User
    Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Storage Increase

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

• How exactly did you increase the size of the drive?
    • Did you use any third party software or application?
    • Did you use Storage Pool to increase the size of the drive?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Storage Increase

1. Storage Increase - Similar Threads - Storage Increase

2. 512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?: Can someone talk me through whether I should format a 512GB SDXC card, purchased to increase the internal storage of my Laptop only, with FAT32, exFAT or NTFS format?...
  3. 512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    512GB SDXC card format when used to increase the internal storage of my Laptop?: Can someone talk me through whether I should format a 512GB SDXC card, purchased to increase the internal storage of my Laptop only, with FAT32, exFAT or NTFS format?...
  4. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  5. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...
  6. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  7. Unable to increase size of storage space

Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  8. My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.: i have got a brand new laptop. the day i got i saw in c drive 130gb empty storage left from 200 gb.after 7 day my c drive space decreased! it lost 8 gb and stoped at 122 gb left from 200gb after one day it lost 1 gb and stoped at 121 gb free from 200gb.now i started watching...
  9. My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.

My pc c drive showing increased or decreased storage space available from time to time.: i have got a brand new laptop. the day i got i saw in c drive 130gb empty storage left from 200 gb.after 7 day my c drive space decreased! it lost 8 gb and stoped at 122 gb left after one day it lost 1 gb and stoped at 121 gb.now i started watching youtube videos and trying...
  10. What options are there to increase memory on built in SSD storage?

What options are there to increase memory on built in SSD storage?: Hi there, I have a z140c Mecer laptop that has a SSD built in storage, now I have no space, how can I increase the storage or get additoinal space?...